Soft and thick peanut butter cookies with a little crunch make these Nutty Peanut Butter Cookies a delicious hand-held treat for any time of day!
Hi Tornadough Alli readers! I’m helping Alli out today while she is on vacation. I’m excited to be here and share one of my family’s favorite cookie recipes with you all. My name is Jessica and I am the blogger behind Together as Family. I love sharing easy, simple, and delicious foods that will bring family, friends, and loved ones together. Like these Nutty Peanut Butter Cookies! A soft & thick peanut butter cookie that uses crunchy peanut butter for added crunch and texture.
These Nutty Peanut Butter Cookies are one of the most requested treats in my house. All 3 of my kids LOVE peanut butter. My daughter has been known to help herself to the jar of peanut butter and a spoon and just go to town.
My favorite thing about these cookies is that crunchy, sweet sugar sprinkle on top; that’s my trick for the best peanut butter cookies is to sprinkle some granulated sugar on top as soon as they come out of the oven.
I know some may be turned off by the use of shortening in this recipe but if you love a thick, puffy cookie then shortening really is the only way to go. Butter tends to produce a thinner cookie while shortening makes cookies so soft & puffy. Which are our favorite kind of cookies.
Thanks so much for letting me visit today 🙂 I hope you are enjoying your summer. Although, the more I think about it, summer is basically over for us. My two oldest start back at school on August 17th.
I will say that I am kind of super excited about it! I love routine, my kids need that structure, and I am going crazy with them home all day. I love them but seriously, get them back in school already 🙂 Enjoy your day!
Nutty Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- additional sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cookies sheets by lining with parchment paper, silpat liner, or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening, peanut butter and sugars until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into the creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1-inch balls or use a medium sized cookie scoop and place on baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes. The cookies will still be pale and look underdone, but they come together nicely as they cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes. Sprinkle with additional sugar right after they come out of the oven.