Quick and easy and made in one bowl this Easy Cheddar Bread is packed pull of cheese and a hint of garlic. Flavorful and addicting!
I don’t know about you guys, but I love to cook for other people. Christmas is my favorites. I’m like a kid in a candy shop, picking out recipes and tasting all the treats that I get to give as gifts. I’m on of those people who will sit around and watch a person eat what they make. I love seeing the reaction on peoples faces to see if they like what I have to offer. I’m also kinda the same way with gifts. I love love love giving gifts.
My husband’s grandma is up from Arizona for the next two months and she told me that she was craving a good cheddar bread. This lady seriously is awesome. I could bullshit with her all day long and still laugh my ass off at some of the things she has to say. So obviously once she mentioned the word bread to me, I had to oblige. So the next day I strolled in and handed her a loaf of this stuff. It is now 2 days later and it is almost gone. She loved it. Obviously I had to make some for myself, which I took a few slices over to my mother; who called me up a bit ago and told me how much she also enjoyed it and is going to hide the last few pieces from my dad so she doesn’t have to share.
I mentioned before how I love making my own breads and doughs. This stuff is super simple. No yeast so even for you people who are scared of yeast this will be an awesome alternative! You can play around with different cheese flavors, add some bacon or herbs and make it your own. But this stuff just the way it is is awesome! Spread on some butter and you’re good to go!
Easy Cheddar BreadPrint Pin Rate
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Scant 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp salted butter melted
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9"x5" loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl mix together your flour baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir in your cheese to distribute evenly.
- In separate bowl stir together your milk, butter, egg and sour cream.
- Gently stir this mixture into your flour/cheese mix.
- Be careful not to overmix or bread will get chewy. Scoop into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until top is golden and knife comes out clean.
- Cool and serve!