Quick, easy and delicious this Chicken Noodle Casserole is a tasty, filling and hearty weeknight dinner that the whole family will as for seconds of.
Lately we’ve been wanting quick and easy weeknight dinners around this house. Mainly because we just have all the things going on and honestly I don’t see that slowing down anytime soon unfortunately. But that’s life. As much as I want some down time, I don’t see it happening.
So, being from Minnesota instead of the term “casserole” we use the term hot dish. That name might be foreign to many of you guys, but thats usually what we call it. Tater Tot Hot Dish, Tuna Noodle Hot Dish, etc. Why do we say hot dish? Well its baked hot in a dish.
The term casserole is actually technically just the pan or dish it’s cooked in so I think that is why everyone uses that term instead of our up north speak!
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE CHICKEN NOODLE CASSEROLE?
- Egg noodles
- Cream of chicken soup
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Frozen mixed vegetables
- Ritz crackers
HOW DO YOU MAKE CHICKEN NOODLE CASSEROLE?
Like I stated above, this recipe is super simple to make:
- In a large bowl mix together your chicken, veggies, soups, milk, butter, seasonings and egg noodles.
- Spread this mixture into a 9″x13″ baking dish.
- Then in a separate bowl stir together ritz crackers and butter and sprinkle over your noodle mixture and bake in oven for about 30-40 minutes until heated through and the topping is golden.
The kids go nuts for this casserole! It is one of my kids most requested recipes that we make. We’ve been making it as a regular dish for many years with tweaks here and there to really hone in our liking.
The combination of the spices and the topping really give this Chicken Noodle Casserole recipe the ultimate flavor! Trust me you’ll want this topping on, it adds a little texture and sends this dish over the top!
If you like this recipe you might also like:
Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 2-3 cups egg noodles cooked (depending on how creamy you want it)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken we use rotisserie
- 1 10 oz pkg frozen vegetables
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Tbs butter melted
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups ritz cracker crumbs
- 1 stick butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9"x13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl add your chicken, vegetables, soups, milk, butter, Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cooked noodles.
- Stir together until combined and spread into prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl stir together your cracker crumbs and butter and sprinkle over noodle mixture.
- Bake in oven for about 30 minutes until heated through and browned on top.
Tornadough Alli is not a nutritionist or dietitian, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and nutritional value is important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and values can vary depending on which brands were used.Nutrition Disclaimer
PIN IT FOR LATER!