Thank you to Nordic Ware for sponsoring this post. All opinions are mine and mine alone. The classic campfire treat turns into a cake with this S’mores Bundt Cake. A fun and delicious treat to enjoy while putting a spin on a traditional fave.
Can you believe that it is almost JUNE! Have you had any bonfires yet this year? We are literally on like number 6 coming up this weekend. Once it’s above 50 degrees we deem it warm enough to be able to sit outside for longer periods of time, even given a fire, anything below that will and does get quite chilly, and despite living in Minnesota, this girl cannot do cold.
What’s more classic to bonfires than S’mores? Well in my usual style I decided to take a fun twist on the nostalgic treat and came up with this moist, chocolatey and delicious S’mores Bundt Cake using Nordic Wares new half sized version of their classic Heritage Bundt Pan! With its new gold finish apart of their new Premier Gold Collection, it’s made of heavy cast aluminum and it is non-stick making it easy to release from the pan!
I love this 6-cup version of a bundt pan! It doesn’t leave me with massive amounts of leftover cake (like I have any anyways, but still). Also, it’s perfect for small get togethers, for a small family or just someone who loves to bake, but doesn’t want a huge cake or dessert sitting around and going to waste.
So back to this lovely cake. Just look at it! Isn’t the shape of this thing just stunning? I think that is what drew me to this pan in the first place! It makes it easy and fun to present a glaze or a frosting because it has these ramps so to speak, I guess I don’t really know what else to call them! If you have a better name for that, please let me know!
This rich chocolate pairs perfectly with the fun marshmallow icing then crush up some graham crackers and you have yourself the perfect S’more treat! This is really fun and easy for the kids and it’s a lot less mess than your traditional S’more too!
I was able to whip all this up in Nordic Ware’s Better Batter Bowl! It has an easy grip handle and a spout that makes pouring out all your batter easy peasy! It fits 2.5 Qt and is made of BPA and Melamine Free, high heat plastic. You guys…I use this bowl for ALL THE THINGS. Seriously!! If you’ve seen my video for my Pina Colada Bread Pudding, you’ll see just how handy this bad boy comes in!
This bowl is perfect for pancakes, bread pudding, cakes, cupcakes, pretty much anything you use a traditional prep bowl for but this has the spout, which I was absolutely sold on immediately! I mean, it makes it pourable, and we all know what its like pouring something when it doesn’t have a spout right? Yeah it gets ALL OVER! Not good, not good.
So if you’re anything like me, or like the way I think or bake then you’ll wanna switch up your traditional S’mores routine and give this S’mores Bundt Cake a try! Like I said, it’s perfect for the kiddos and the whole family will love it, I know mine did!
S'mores Bundt Cake
- 1 stick butter , softened
- 3 Tbs cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbs heavy cream or milk
- Crushed graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease your 6-cup bundt pan with shortening or butter and cocoa powder.
- On the stove in sauce pan melt together your butter, cocoa powder, salt and water, set aside.
- In your batter bowl mix together your flour, sugar and baking soda and whisk until combined.
- Add in your cocoa mixture and stir until blended.
- Add in your egg and vanilla and continue to stir until smooth.
- Pour into your prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes in pan before turning out onto cooling rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile to make your glaze, in bowl mix together your marshmallow cream and powdered sugar until combined.
- Slowly add in your heavy cream until you reach your desired consistency.
- Drizzle over your bundt cake and then top with crushed graham crackers.