Layers of delicious banana bars, frosting, nilla wafers, ice cream, caramel and whip cream make up this super delicious Banana Caramel Ice Cream Cake.
Ok, I think I will officially dub this year the year of the cakes. I’ve been going crazy with them. Cant stop, wont stop attitude I guess. But I’m not complaining, I LOOOOOOOOOVE cake. Like seriously love it. I would buy those snack cakes at the stores and just sit there with a fork and eat it right out of the container for myself, in almost one sitting.
Yeah my addiction is super bad. But what do you do, I have a sweet tooth and I don’t care to knock it.
If you have been following me for some time, you will know that not only do I love cake, I love banana desserts too. If you are a lover of banana like me then you need to check out a few of my banana flavored recipes like these Banana Lofthouse Style Cookies and Banana Mug Cake. Those are just a few of my plethora of recipes, yeah can you say addict?
Now that summer is here, kids are out of school it is time for the nice cool treats! This Banana Caramel Ice Cream Cake is epic. Well at least that’s how I am going to choose to describe it!
First layer banana blondies, topped with vanilla caramel frosting, topped with nilla wafers, then vanilla ice cream, a healthy drizzle of caramel sauce, whipped cream and finally crushed nilla wafers finishes this baby off.
Do I have your mouth watering yet? Cuz I know this gal’s is!
We like to whip this up the night before we want to serve it. It ensures that everything is set and frozen back up. Good thing is with this, the blondies still stay soft but with a firmer texture so no biting into concrete when it comes time to serve!
I like to let mine sit a few minutes to melt just perfectly so I have a deliciously creamy bite each time. Drizzle with a little extra caramel sauce on top and you have yourself one delicious slice of Banana Caramel Ice Cream Cake!
Banana Caramel Ice Cream Cake
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 medium banana
- 1 tub vanilla frosting
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1 box nilla wafers
- 1.5 qt tub vanilla ice cream
- 1 8 oz container cool whip
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray and line the bottom of a 9" spring-form pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together your melted butter and sugar and mix until combined. Add your egg and vanilla and continue to stir until blended.
- Stir in your salt, flour and banana into mixture until smooth.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes, remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile take your ice cream out and let defrost until it is easy to work with.
- Once blondies have cooled mix together 1/4 cup caramel sauce into your frosting and spread over blondies.
- Next layer your vanilla wafers in an even layer over frosting until covered then spread your ice cream over the top of that.
- Drizzle with your caramel sauce, then top with cool whip.
- Crush the remainder of your nilla wafers and sprinkle over the top of the cool whip, cover and freeze at least 8 hours.
Sounds wonderful! Thank you so much for linking at #overthemoon! I look forward to seeing what you share every week. Please come back for #WonderfulWednesday or #ThursdayFavoriteThings. Don’t forget to comment your link #’s so I can be sure to visit and you get a chance to be featured! Pinned and shared.
Oh my goodness, yum ! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things link party Watch for your feature tomorrow. xo
Pinned! This looks amazing 🙂
Dang, Alli, I think I was making little gutteral noises as I read this post. Like Auugghh, ooooh, yeaaah!
Looks so delish!!
Jamie @ Medium Sized Family
This looks amazing! Later in the summer when I find the time, I’m making this one. Pinning for later.
This is one beautiful cake! It’s totally worth a bit of mess.
What a great combination of flavors, Alli. Pinning to try this.
Wow, this Banana caramel ice cream cake looks so yummy! Pinning this.
Thanks Beverly, seriously awesome.
Holy cow, that looks good! You know I have a thing for banana desserts too. This is going in the must make pile!
This cake is seriously killing me. It sounds so yummy!
We love all things bananas in our home so this would be a hit for sure!
Yeah bananas don’t last long in my house, either my kids eat them up or in hoard them to bake with!
Such a great presentation. I bet it tastes delicious!
Thanks so much Kallee, we literally inhaled this.
oh my gosh, that looks amazing!
Year of the cake! This one is a beaut =)
Thanks so much Melissa and year of the cake for sure!!