This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Walmart Family Mobile. All opinions are mine alone. #DataAndAMovie #CollectiveBias
What goes better with family movie night then S’mores Donuts! Baked up golden with marshmallows inside!
Schoooools ouuuuut foooooor Suummmmer! Do you have that song in your head yet? I know I do and I keep singing it, I think my kid’s don’t mind at all because all they can think about is that SCHOOLS OUT!
I think the kids are more happy that they can stay up later, and staying up later means movie nights! We were so excited to plan an end of the year movie night and couldn’t wait to celebrate with some nummy treats as well!
We’ve always been big movie buffs and family movie nights are always fun especially when you can all snuggle up in front of the tv in our jammies and grab some sleeping bags and make big beds on the floor!
I have so many memories of family movie nights with my parents! I would actually set up our tent in the living room and decked that baby to the nines!
I’m talking lanterns, snacks, toys, movies, juice boxes, stereos…you name it I had it in there with me, it was my indoor camping experience! My kids absolutely love camping so we decided to th theme our movie night “glamping”!
What is camping without S’mores? I made some delicious and amazing S’mores Donuts to go along with our family movie night to make our indoor camping experience as close to the original as we possibly would.
We all were excited to stream The Good Dinosaur on our tv this month on VUDU all thanks to Walmart Family Mobile!
With the Walmart Family Mobile PLUS plan you have unlimited talk, text and data which includes up to 10GB of 4G LTE Data PLUS a free movie on VUDU ($7 value) each month for $49.88 per line!
Since we are huge VUDU fans this makes it an extra perk for us each month to stream our favorite movies and have our family movie nights.
This amount of data is absolutely amazing! So while we were checking out this great plan at our local Walmart we decided to purchase the Cool Pad Rogue which was a great value at $19.88 on Rollback from $39.83 for our oldest son!
He’s getting to the age that he is in all sorts of summer activities and we felt that it was a great starter phone with all the bells and whistles and that is was about time to give him a little responsibility thanks to Walmart Family Mobile!
With 4 kids at home it’s nice to be able to have him call when he needs to be picked up from activities or a friend’s house and not have to play the guesswork of loading up all the kids in the car and waiting around for pickup time. Plus he can do all his apps, games, music, pictures and getting a hold of his friends like he loves!
I couldn’t believe how easy the setup and activation of this phone was! Along with purchasing the phone we also bought the Starter Kit which is at an amazingly low price of only $19.88 (Rollback from $25.00)! Since Family Mobile bills you later you only have to pay the $19.88 when signing up! SOLD!
Disclaimer: All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to http://cbi.as/3edbv or your local Walmart for current pricing.
We absolutely cannot wait to get our free movie each month with VUDU, we love having our family movie nights! And while we were at Walmart setting up our new Walmart Family Mobile PLUS plan we picked up the ingredients for our movie night treats!
What goes better with a movie night than some delicious snacks to go along with it, like these S’mores Donuts!!
What movies will you be streaming this summer?
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 graham cracker sheet crushed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream heaping
- 5 tbs milk
- 3 Tbs butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup mallow-bits
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 Tbs butter
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Extra graham crackers for topping
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease a 6 well donut pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- In bowl mix together your flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and graham cracker and mix until combined.
- Stir in your egg, sour cream, milk, butter and vanilla and stir until incorporated. Fold in your mallow-bits.
- Pipe your donut mixture into each well of donut pan and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden and springs back when touched.
- Remove from oven and turn onto cooling rack to cool.
- Meanwhile to make your marshmallow sauce add your powdered sugar and vanilla to a medium sized bowl.
- In sauce pan melt your butter and then stir in your marshmallows and continue stirring until melted, pour into bowl with powdered sugar and stir to combine.
- Dip each of your donuts into the marshmallow mixture and return to cooling rack and sprinkle with extra crushed up graham crackers.
- In small bowl add your chocolate chips and heat on high in microwave for 30 second intervals until melted. Drizzle over tops of donuts.
- Serve and enjoy!