This Farmers Breakfast Bowl is a delicious combination of eggs, potatoes, peppers, onions, ham and cheese all in one hearty bowl!
So you know I’m more of a breakfast for dinner kinda girl. I have to admit, I did not in fact have this for breakfast. I did in fact have it for dinner. I wish I was that type of person who cooks these delicious breakfasts, but in all honesty…I don’t have time for that. Well in all reality I’m sure I do, but I just don’t want to.
Now that Summer is here and the kids and I get to sleep in or a few months out of the year we are throughly enjoying it! So lately our breakfasts are the normal, cereal, pop-tarts, breakfast bars…you know the routine.
But I still absolutely LOVE breakfast food. That’s why this awesome Farmers Breakfast Bowl was our dinner last week!
This bowl is super easy, super tasty and super cheesy. Wow, what a description I even sold myself on that one. It’s one of those dishes that CAN be a one pan meal, but I always make my eggs in a separate pan just because I actually like them to look like eggs when they are served.
When I make my breakfast burritos I usually just do it all in one pan the eggs more or less coat everything else and don’t look appealing, but still good as heck!
Here is another little trick to make this dish even more simple than the recipe that I will share with you if you want to same yourself some time and effort. I use regular diced hashbrown potatoes in my recipe and add chopped peppers and onions.
If you wanna skip the slicing and dicing of peppers and onions, go ahead and grab yourself a bag of O’Brien potatoes, they come with the peppers and stuff right in the bag. Usually I like to do that, but I had some produce that I needed to use up and this delicious Farmers Breakfast Bowl was born.
Farmer's Breakfast Bowl
- 1 32 oz bag diced breakfast potatoes
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 16 oz pkg diced ham
- 8 eggs
- 1-2 cups cheddar cheese
- Chives optional
- In large skillet add 2 Tbs oil and then add your diced potatoes, peppers, onions and ham and heat on medium high until potatoes are tender and crispy and veggies are tender.
- In another pan add your eggs and scramble to cook, add into your potato mixture, toss to combine.
- Stir in your cheese (adding as much or little as you like for your desired cheesiness) and stir to melt.
- Salt and pepper to your liking and serve with chopped chives if desired.