Fresh, fruity, flavorful and healthy this Strawberry Banana Smoothie is one of the easiest and tastiest Summer drinks that whips up in just minutes. A great way to cool down and fuel up!
Strawberry and banana is such an iconic flavor combination. I think to be honest it has always been one of my favorite fruity flavor combos ever.
Summer is fast approaching and we are always looking for quick and easy recipes to cool down with. Our kids are obsessed with any kind of fruit you can imagine.
But they are kinda like me, rather than eating fruit alone (while they do love it), they do like to consume it in different forms. We make these Strawberry Banana Smoothies every year and the kids just gulp them down.
There are so many different ways to make a smoothie, but this is our go to recipe. It’s not too sweet, just the right amount of strawberry and banana and just the texture that we love.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED:
- Frozen Strawberries
- Frozen banana
- Greek yogurt
You can use regular greek yogurt for this or you can use vanilla for a little extra flavor. We use just plain greek yogurt as we have it on hand to make other various recipes.
So I have to admit something, I don’t own a blender. A lot of people say that you need a good blender to make smoothies, etc. Well we use our food processor and it really does get the job done for us.
If you are new to smoothie making this is such a great basic recipe that adults and kids love. You literally just can take out a handful of ingredients from the freezer and refrigerator and it whips up in minutes.
HOW TO MAKE A STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE:
- In blender or quality food processor add milk, yogurt, strawberries and banana and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with slices of strawberries and bananas if desired.
See how easy that is. There really is no reason that you should not whip up this smoothie recipe! It’s really a great breakfast, snack or even dessert my kids say. Apparently they like to compare it to ice cream, which if they think this is like ice cream I will not fight them on that.
With the strawberries on this, we usually go strawberry picking ever summer and bring back flats full of strawberries and we freeze them, we like to use those.
But you can always buy frozen from the store or buy fresh, hull them, chop them and freeze them for later use.
TIPS AND TRICKS:
- Add more milk for a smoother more liquid smoothie.
- Add some honey to naturally sweeten it up.
- You can use fresh or frozen banana, whatever is more handy to you.
- If you are only wanting one smoothie, freeze the rest for later use, comes in handy when you don’t want to whip up a whole new batch!
If you like this recipe you might also like:
Strawberry Banana Smoothies
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 banana fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- Place strawberries, banana, yogurt and milk into blender or high powdered food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour into cups or jars and serve garnished with strawberries or bananas.
Tornadough Alli is not a nutritionist or dietitian, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and nutritional value is important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and values can vary depending on which brands were used.Nutrition Disclaimer