Flaky, creamy and fruity this Strawberries and Cream Puff Pastry is the breakfast dish or dessert that everyone loves!
So I’ve been really into strawberries lately. See I’m not the type of person who enjoys eating strawberries whole. Just not who I am, can’t stand them that way. But in things, the flavor, or any other way then technically “fresh” and I’m game. That’s weird right?
We have a bakery that is about 45 minutes away from us, and it’s my absolute favorite bakery of all time. High quality items and seriously affordable prices. I can get a huge box of goodies for like $12! I mean how can I not load up on all the goodies?!?!
So they have really really good pastries there, and my husband is such a pastry person. He doesn’t like the cakes, cupcakes or donuts but he loves himself a good pastry. So since I had some strawberries and some puff pastry left over from some other recipes I had recently done (coming soon!) I had to make myself this Strawberries and Cream Puff Pastry.
I know working with puff pastry can sound kind of scary. I used to be scared of it too, but in all honesty there is absolutely nothing to worry about. This stuff is sooooo easy to work with and you really can’t go wrong with it anyways, so this Strawberries and Cream Puff Pastry you’ll see whip up in minutes.
Now when you buy puff pastry it usually comes in 2 sheets, well I only used one, but you can absolutely double this recipe and make it for a crowd, but there is absolutely no need, but it wouldn’t be that hard to do if that were to be something you wanted.
So brunch this weekend is on me, trust me when I say that this Strawberries and Cream Puff Pastry will definitely make a visual and flavor appearance that everyone will surely love…even the kids. Ok….especially the kids!
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- 4 (ocream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1-1 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400.
- On parchment lined baking sheet cut your puff pastry in half down the middle, then slice up the sides leaving about 1/2 in rim, be careful not to cut all the way through.
- In bowl mix together your cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Spread your cream cheese mixture over the top of your puff pastry, inside your cut lines.
- Beat your egg and brush it on the sides of the puff pastry.
- Place your slices of strawberry on top of your cream cheese in rows of about 3.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until golden.