Quick, easy and delicious theses Carrot Cake Cookie cups whip up in a flash and moist, soft, creamy and a perfectly hand-held treat!
So I’ve been in the Spring mood lately! It’s 60 degrees here in Minnesota and that’s absolutely not normal, but this girl isn’t complaining because I know we have plenty of cold weather to come as this surely is just a fluke, but one that I’m absolutely enjoying!
Now while other’s may be outside when the weather is nice, I like to bake. Well let’s face it, I like to bake no matter what weather or what time of day it is. But since it’s nice out, I’ve been busting out some of the springtime recipes and what screams Spring more than Carrot Cake? Well how about some Carrot Cake Cookie Cups?
If you don’t know what a cookie cup is, they are small cookies in the shapes of “cups” or mini muffins that have been indented in the middle to give it a little space to place some filling. Now there are all sorts of different cookie cups on the blogosphere, with all sorts of different fillings.
But these Carrot Cake Cookie Cups I’m pretty sure you can guess what’s inside of these! That’s right, cream cheese frosting! Carrot Cake and cream cheese are just a match made in heave. I decided to sprinkle on some cinnamon for a little extra spice as well as some chopped walnuts for a little crunch behind each bite.
My family loves cookie cups. I don’t have too any on the blog as of now because they don’t last too long in my house unfortunately. Well maybe that’s fortunately for my sake because if it wasn’t for my kids gobbling them right up this girl would be.
Carrot Cake is my son’s absolute favorite cake. Weird right? Usually kids are more of the chocolate or marble fans, but nope this kids LOVES his carrot cake. But then again he loves carrots with ranch so I can see where the love comes from…sorta.
So any time anything “carrot” dessert is made that kid is right there next to mom in the kitchen mouth just drooling asking when it’s going to be done. Luckily these buggers whip up in under 20 minutes start to finish! I mean who doesn’t adore those quick, easy and super fast desserts?
So if you’re anything like me and you’re craving all the desserts that shout spring, then these Carrot Cake Cookie Cups are calling your name!
- 1 15.25 oz box carrot cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 egg
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In bowl mix together your cake mix, butter and egg until well blended.
- Spray a 24 count mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Taking about 1 Tbs of dough, roll into a ball and place in wells of muffin tin.
- Bake for about 12-14 minutes or until set, remove from oven and using a teaspoon press middles down to create indent, set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile to make frosting, in bowl mix together your cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add in your powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until smooth again, add to piping bag and pipe into cooled cookie cups.
- Sprinkle with a little cinnamon and chopped walnuts if desired.