This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Clean2TheCore #CollectiveBias
Delicious graham cracker cake is poked and spread with chocolate and frosted with marshmallow buttercream making this S’mores Poke Cake a fun summer treat!
If you guy’s don’t know it already, I have 4 children. 4 messy, busy, active children. All year-long these kids are go, go, go and this mama has to keep up. Not saying it’s easy, but its doable. One thing that get’s these kid’s to slow down every time is helping me in the kitchen!
I mean, they will literally drop what they are doing just to be able to come and help stir, add ingredients…or my 9-year-olds favorite activity…licking the bowl. Which is also my favorite thing to do, so I just grin a bear it and hand it over to the kid…at least he saved me from a few extra calories here and there.
Take this delicious S’mores Poke Cake for example! My kids flocked to the kitchen to help me out on this one! A super moist graham cracker cake (my fave) is poked and poured with chocolate sauce then generously slathered with my ultra fluffy marshmallow buttercream frosting and then topped off with crumbled graham crackers and more chocolate!
If this cake doesn’t scream summer fun I don’t know what does! This cake is one of our favorite, and it doesn’t last long in this house! I’ve been known a time or two to eat half the pan, but that’s a different story for a different time. No shame though, it’s that good.
BUT cooking with kids comes with a messy price. Which includes very messy clothes, I think these kids inherited their dads genes when it comes to spilling when eating. There truly is this thing called the hole in the lip syndrome and they have it LOL! I just smile and realize that kids will be kids!
Messiness really isn’t a problem in our house, being an avid baker I’ve been known to sling around ingredients a time or two – where do you think the name Tornadough Alli came from? And with all® POWERCORE™ Pacs OXI we don’t have to worry about those messes.
all® POWERCORE™ Pacs OXI has superior cleaning and whitening capabilities and get’s out all those stubborn stuck on stains! Hello aggressive chocolate stain! Did you know that they are the first ever powder-liquid pac around! I knew when I was reading these while I was browsing the aisle at Walmart that I had to pick them up and add them to our laundry routine!
Which our laundry routine with 4 kids, a mom and dad consists of multiple loads a day…no joke!! Laundry is one of my main tasks in this house and with these all® POWERCORE™ Pacs OXI I am one and done and I don’t have to continue to re-wash all the clothes to actually get them clean! Score!
So if you’re one of those people who are crazy scared of letting your kids ruin their nice clothes, let kids be kids and come help you in some of your messier projects! With these all® POWERCORE™ Pacs OXI you can be rest assured that your laundry routine wont be hectic and you’ll be able to enjoy that crazy, messy fun times with your kids that they love! Also, you can pick up all® POWERCORE™ Pacs Pacs Plus Removes Tough Odors is another great option for your laundry needs if you have stuck on odors!
What are some of your favorite messy recipes, crafts or activities that you enjoy doing with your kids?
S'mores Poke Cake
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs separated
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs separated at room temp
- 1/2 cup shortening or butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup + more for drizzling
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 7oz container marshmallow creme
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 11"x7" cake pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In medium bowl stir together 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder and salt, set aide.
- In another bowl beat together your shortening or butter until fluffy. Add your sugar and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add your egg yolks and beat again until incorporated.
- Alternate adding your milk and flour mixture making sure to mix thoroughly after each addition.
- Beat your egg whites in bowl with mixer on high until stiff peaks form, in 3 separate additions slowly fold in egg whites to cake batter mixture.
- Pour into pan and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden and set, set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile in bowl to make frosting beat your butter until fluffy, mix in your vanilla then add your powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. Lastly add in your marshmallow creme until combined.
- Once cake has cooled, poke holes with knife all around the top of cake, pour your chocolate syrup over the top and spread around with spatula to push the syrup into the holes.
- Top with your frosting and sprinkle with reserved graham cracker crumbs and drizzle with more chocolate syrup.
Tornadough Alli is not a nutritionist or dietitian, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and nutritional value is important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and values can vary depending on which brands were used.Nutrition Disclaimer