This Salted Caramel Pumpkin Rolls is a tasty sweet and salty treat that is perfect for the fall baking season!
So I have officially caught the pumpkin bug! I could bake year round with pumpkin if it was seasonally acceptable (which I’m sure no one would balk at that) but I know a few people who would give the weird side eye if I whipped out a nice big pumpkin pie during our 4th of July get together. And yes, that is something I would totally do. Why you ask, well because I can!
Now another bug has been caught in my house, and unfortunately this one is of the bad variety. My kids are getting sick again. Boo. You know when school starts around this house because people become ill within the first 2 weeks. I’m starting to miss summer break already. No sicky germs to really worry about, and I usually catch everything my kids get so I’m not looking forward to any of it. Especially since I do daycare for a little baby! Let’s hope and pray that this passes quickly and maybe just maybe our bodies are just fooling us and its the weather change causing the coughs and sniffles. A girl can only hope!
You guys know my love of wandering the Walmart aisles just perusing my heart away. Well look what I found myself a little while back. Yup, salted caramel frosting! This stuff was awesome. And in light of Culver’s coming out with their Salted Caramel Concrete Mixer I figured I’d give it a go at topping this perfect roll with this its amazing counterpart! Have you seen that little trick that’s been around for a while now where you heat up your frosting and pour it and it becomes a glaze? Whelp my friends, that’s what this old gal did to this! Turned out great if you ask me. So much easier to frost!
So anyways, on to this pumpkin roll. I’m a cake roll fan. I love being able to have multiple layers of frosting but not have to worry about making a layer cake. And you can pretty much create any flavor combinations that you could think of. Red velvet and carrot are high on my list of favorites! Sadly I haven’t made carrot cake dessert yet this year! I don’t know what is wrong with me, my 7-year-old absolutely loves carrot cake too! So this may still happen, like I said I’m very untraditional and random weird things will pop up in my kitchen at the most random times. But I’m so happy that it’s finally fall so I can make pumpkin everything! Is it too early for gingerbread?
Salted Caramel Pumpkin Roll
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 can salted caramel frosting or homemade
- Sea salt
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 2 Tbs butter softened
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 375. Line a 15x10" jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- In bowl mix together all your ingredients and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle a smaller towel with powdered sugar and turn cake out on to that.
- Slowly roll up the cake in the towel starting on the shorter end. Leave rolled until cool.
- Meanwhile in bowl combine all filling ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Once cool unroll the cake and spread the on the filling. Roll back up.
- In microwave melt your frosting until it becomes liquidy, about 30-45 seconds.
- Pour frosting over top of cake roll then sprinkle with sea salt.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours before serving.