Take your favorite childhood treat and make it bigger and badder with this Oatmeal Cream Pie Cookie Cake. Oatmeal cake with marshmallow frosting make this cake absolutely delicious.
Happy Day after Valentines Day! Also known as, better stock up on all the clearance candy ASAP Day! I hope you all had an amazing love filled day.
I had a horrible day. What I have avoided doing my whole entire existence happened. Now I’m going to admit, I’m one of those gals who likes to browse Pinterest or the news on their phone while taking a nice long bubble bath. My husband ALWAYS told me that I would drop that thing in there one day while I was browsing. Do you think that happened to me yesterday? Nope, not exactly!
Although my phone DID take a nice bath, it was because it fell out of my pocket while I was draining the bath for my daughter. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES!!! Come on now! So in light of my awful, dead phone, unhappy candy day I just wanna sit here and bask in the glory that is this Oatmeal Cream Pie Cookie Cake.
Now who wasn’t (or isn’t) a fan of Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies? I know I can devour a box in like 6.8773 seconds flat. No joke. There is just something about those little soft oatmeal cookies and cream filling that draws a person in and makes the crave more.
Well in the fashion that I love to do so much, I enlarged it and made the iconic cookie gigantic!! Bigger is always better right?
The cookie portion of this cake is just the right amount of soft vs. crunchy. Then topped and filled with a marshmallow buttercream…..oh lordy! If you’ve never tried marshmallow buttercream, you’ll thank me later.
Seriously, one of the best buttercreams out there. The secret is that it has a jar of marshmallow fluff mixed in. Now who doesn’t love that stuff to begin with.
So I hope that this Oatmeal Cream Pie Cookie Cake will satisfy your massive cravings for the smaller version, just on a more massive scale!
Oatmeal Cream Pie Cookie Cake
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup butter
- 1 7oz jar marshmallow fluff
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter and flour 2 9" round cake pans.
- In bowl cream to your butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in your molasses and vanilla.
- One at a time add your eggs, mixing well after each addition.
- In separate bowl combine your flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Mix into your wet mixtures.
- Once combined, fold in your oats.
- Pour batter evenly between the two prepared pans.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan.
- Meanwhile to make buttercream beat your butter until light and fluffy.
- Add your marshmallow cream and beat for about 2-3 minutes until it is well combined.
- Add your powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until combined. You shouldnt need to but you can add 1-2 Tbs of cream or milk for thinner consistency.
- Remove cakes from pan and place one on cake stand or serving tray.
- Spread 1/2 the frosting mixture on top of cake.
- Top with other cake and spread remaining frosting on top of that.
- Serve and enjoy!