A tasty sweet and tangy sauce basted over perfectly cooked pork chops make these Mojo Pork Chops with Sour Cream Rice a quick and easy dinner option.
Can any of you relate to wanting dinner on the table in a hurry? I know that I do, we are a busy family of 6 and with 3 older boys who are in various sports throughout the year it doesn’t really give this mama much time to prepare dinner some nights! So when I can whip up a meal in about 30 minutes or less I make the whole family very happy campers.
Pork chops are always a great go-to meal when we are in a hurry but want to make something delicious and family friendly! They are easy to prepare, raised here in the USA and are naturally tender and juicy without added steroids, hormones or artificial ingredients.
Now if you don’t know what Mojo Pork is, you’re in luck! It’s a Cuban style marinade that consists on orange juice, lime juice, cilantro, garlic and some herbs. It’s very quick to prepare (exactly what we need) and has absolutely amazing flavor. We use it a lot when preparing pork and is one of my go-to recipes, especially when in a time crunch.
There is very little prep with this meal and it comes together in a jiffy! All you need to do is mix up your sauce, throw your pork chops on the grill and baste each side generously with it throughout the cooking process!
We like to flip our a few times throughout that process to give it more marinade and extra opportunity to sear right into the meat.
The rice is also easy, I used instant rice to keep it fast and simple and stirred in some sour cream, cilantro and salt and pepper and that’s it! A deliciously, tasty meal in under 30 minutes!
Mojo Pork Chops with Cilantro Sour Cream Rice
- 1 pkg Smithfield All Natural Boneless Pork Chops
- 1/4 olive oil
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- A dash each of salt and pepper
- 2 cups instant rice prepared according to package
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Pre-heat your grill.
- In food chopper/processor add all of your sauce ingredients and pulse until it all comes together and the cilantro is in small pieces.
- Place your pork chops on grill and brush tops of each with marinade, continue process of basting while turning pork chops on grill a few times (don't be shy with marinade!) until internal temp reaches 170.
- Meanwhile prepare your rice according to package directions, once cooked stir in your sour cream and cilantro.
- When pork chops are cooked through remove to plate and serve over your sour cream rice with extra marinade for dipping sauce if desired!
Tornadough Alli is not a nutritionist or dietitian, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and nutritional value is important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and values can vary depending on which brands were used.Nutrition Disclaimer