Delicious flavors come into play in this Sun-Dried Tomato and Herb Biscotti making this a great pairing for soups or to munch on its own!
This will be the second month that I have participated in the Leftover’s Club! What is that you may ask? It’s where a group of bloggers get together and create some delicious treats and ship them to one another!
Last month our theme was salt and I received some amazing cookies that I still get cravings for today! This month we went with savory and teamed up with my friend Michele over at Always Bakin’ and I couldn’t wait to get creating.
When you think of biscotti you usually think of sweet cookies that are dessert in nature or served with coffee or cocoa. Well my friends, did you know that there is a whole nother side to biscotti?
If you haven’t tried a savory version, let me tell you, they are amazing. A whole new flavor profile hits you. It’s like a cookie and a cracker or crouton all combined into one big piece. These Sun-Dried Tomato and Herb versions are a cut above any that I have tried.
I know that people usually associate biscotti as something that is upscale and hard. Well it really is easy to make and the batter whips up in no time and all you need to do in preparation if it is cook, cut and cook. What could be more easy than that? I would presume not a whole lot.
This biscotti goes amazing with a nice soup for those chilly days, or along side a salad at a fun picnic. They are so versatile that who wouldn’t want to add them as a great side to any meal?
Sun-Dried Tomato and Herb Biscotti
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbs dried rosemary
- 1 Tbs marjoram
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Dash of pepper
- Dash of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In medium bowl mix together your flour, rosemary, marjoram, basil, garlic salt, pepper, salt and baking bowder until combined.
- In separate bowl, whip butter until light, add in your sugar and eggs and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in your dry ingredients and mix incorporated. Fold in your sun-dried tomatoes.
- Turn your dough out onto prepared baking sheet and form into a 12"x4" log.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes, then remove from oven and let cool for a bit and transfer to cutting board.
- Cut diagonally into 1/2-1" slices and place cut side up back on baking sheet.
- Place back in oven for another 15 minutes then remove, cool and enjoy.
Tornadough Alli is not a nutritionist or dietitian, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and nutritional value is important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and values can vary depending on which brands were used.Nutrition Disclaimer