Mock Crab Leg Salad has tender pasta, cheese, hard boiled eggs and green onions all tossed in a creamy sauce making this one heck of a picnic dish!
We are real outdoorsy people when it finally unthaws here in Minnesota. We literally live in hibernation for 6 months out of the year and when it finally hits above freezing, we spend the majority of our time outdoors. I know what you’re thinking, how can you live in a place so cold? Yeah I question myself all the time, mainly because I don’t circulate well and am ALWAYS cold! But Minnesota is surprisingly pretty and there is tons of stuff to do in the Summer and Winter, so we have stuck around!
Well once Summer hits we are doing tons of get togethers and family parties so I cook a lot! This Mock Crab Leg Salad has been something we have been making for years.
Hand’s down my husbands most favorite salad…well next to Italian Pasta Salad, hopefully I’ll get that made and up on another post! The flavors are great together and since you use mock crab it wont break the bank. Not a fan of mock crab? That’s cool, I’m sure lump or fresh crab legs would work just the same.
This stuff whips up in a flash and also disappears in a flash as well! That’s what I’m all about right there. But I won’t complain if I have to take leftovers home with me either. We could eat this for a meal in itself, honestly we don’t like to just have it as a side dish!
Of course it pairs well with everything from burgers to hot dogs to steaks and ribs! It’s a great bring along salad for any Summer get together. Trust me on this one, everyone will love you!
Mock Crab Leg Salad
- 1 16 oz pkg of your favorite pasta
- 1 pkg mock crab
- 6 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 4 oz block cheddar cheese diced
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 1/2 cup mayo
- 3-4 Tbs milk
- 1/2-1 Tbs seasoning salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbs sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and and add to large bowl.
- Chop your mock crab into small pieces about 1/2" in size, add to pasta along with your green onions, eggs and cheese.
- In medium bowl add your mayo, milk, seasoning salt, paprika sugar and mix until combined.
- Salt and pepper to your liking.
- Stir into your pasta until coated.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.