Super cheesy and comforting this Ham and Broccoli Mac and Cheese takes your favorite pastime and kicks it up a notch making it a delicious dinner choice.
Growing up who didn’t love mac and cheese? I know that it was something that I lived off of, not because I had to, but because I wanted to. That blue box we all knew and loved so well was the light in our eyes when we were kids, well it was at least to me!!
Fast forward about 20+ years and I’m in the last year of my twenties, married and have 4 kids and still to this day I’m in love with mac and cheese. My kids are right along with me in that boat, and don’t even get my started on my husband…I think he is the worst one of us all!!
Now my tastes in the deliciously cheesy stuff has changed and I’ve branched out from just sticking to loving the boxed stuff, welcome Ham and Broccoli Mac and Cheese! You guys, this stuff is sooooo good! I’m not even kidding you. Despite my kids being on the fence about broccoli, the absolutely devoured this!
Chocked full of veggies and meat this Ham and Broccoli Mac and Cheese has a full 2 lbs of cheese in it!! OMG….all the cheesy goodness I tell you. And besides, everything is better with more cheese! And this is just the start of some of our favorite mac and cheeses! You can check out some of my other favorites like this BBQ Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese, Wingers Sticky Finger Mac and Cheese and Honey Pepper Chicken Mac and Cheese!
OK, so let’s talk details! Quick and easy is where it’s at with this mac and cheese!! But you know me, I love quick and easy so that’s pretty much just a given. Melt yourself down some Velveeta, stir it in some shells, add some broccoli and ham and even more cheese along with some other good stuff.
Toss this beast into the oven and in 25ish minutes you have your self an easy peasy mac and cheesy! OMG don’t you love that little riddle? HAHAHA I crack myself up sometimes, can’t ya tell? So if you have a hankering for some childhood faves, then this Ham and Broccoli Mac and Cheese is where it’s at!
An easy delicious mac and cheese full of broccoli ham and a full 2 lbs of cheese!
- 1 16 oz pkg shells, cooked according to package directions
- 16 oz Velveeta diced
- 1 1/2 cup milk divided
- 1 lb full cooked ham diced
- 2 cups cooked broccoli chopped into smaller pieces
- 3 Tbs butter softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 2 cups shredded montery jack cheese
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In sauce pan melt together Velveeta and 3/4 cup milk, set aside.
- In large bowl add your pasta shells, Velveeta, ham and broccoli and stir until combined.
- Add in your butter, remaining milk, 1 cup cheddar cheese, eggs and all spices and stir until mixed completely.
- Spray a large baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and spread your pasta evenly into dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for about 25 minutes or until brown and slightly golden.