If you want a fun a quick appetizer with minimal ingredients and time, this Fried Shrimp Recipe is what you need. Crunchy with a little kick, it’s absolutely delicious.
One thing that is always requested in our house is shrimp. If someone wants seafood, the main thing that they request is some sort of shrimp one way or another.
My family absolutely loves this Fried Shrimp Recipe. I don’t mind whipping it up either. 1. It’s super simple. 2. It doesn’t have very many ingredients and 3. It’s done in under 20 minutes.
You ALL know that I love myself some appetizers and the easier they are the better and that is exactly what this recipe is, easy, pretty much the model of how I want to live my life.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS:
- Using only 6 ingredients that you can find in your pantry, it is super easy.
- This recipe cooks up in under 20 minutes, that includes the prep time.
- You can easily double this recipe for larger crowds.
I have to admit that I am super picky with my seafood, but shrimp is one of the recipes that I absolutely love, especially when it’s Fried Shrimp.
HOW TO MAKE FRIED SHRIMP, STEP BY STEP:
- Place peeled, deveined and tail off shrimp in bowl and toss in creole seasoning.
- Place shrimp in bowl of flour and toss to coat.
- Mix together water and eggs and coat your shrimp in that making sure to get it all covered.
- In another bowl mix together your Panko and regular breadcrumbs and coat shrimp in that.
- Place shrimp on large plate and heat your deep fryer to 350, once heated cook your shrimp in batches for about 3 minutes until golden.
- Remove and place on paper towel lined plate to drain.
WHAT SIZE SHRIMP SHOULD I USE?
You can use any size shrimp that you want, they usually come in pound bags so this recipe will work for any size shrimp that you need or are wanting to use.
For this particular recipe we used medium sized shrimp, that were peeled, deveined and tail off. You can also make these with the tail on if you wish.
WHAT DIPPING SAUCE GOES WELL WITH THIS?
We usually use the traditional cocktail sauce. My husband is a big fan of tartar sauce so we also use that.
One of my favorites though that trumps them all is a remoulade that we serve on top of our Po’ Boys! It is so easy to whip up and we keep it in the fridge because it goes great with other things as well.
We love to serve this Fried Shrimp Recipe all year long. We usually bring shrimp cocktail to family get togethers, but when we have parties at home this is one of our go-to recipes.
Small foods are my favorite, I could always make a meal out of just appetizers alone and if you’ve read my blog for a while, you would know how much I love appetizers.
TIPS AND TRICKS:
- We like to use a mixture of panko an regular breadcrumbs for this recipe, but you can use either or if you do not like the mix, we just like the texture it gives.
- You can use any size shrimp you want for this recipe, as long as it equates to 1 lb.
- Drizzle finished shrimp with a little bit of lemon after they have been fried, it gives them a great flavor.
- You can easily double this recipe for serving larger crowds if you like.
- Make sure your shrimp are defrosted, this will not work with frozen shrimp.
- If you would rather make in a large pan instead of a deep fryer you can do that as well, just fill with enough oil to cover the shrimp.
If you are looking for that perfect, quick and easy appetizer recipe look no further! This Fried Shrimp Recipe will be your go-to from now on.
If you like this recipe you might also like:
Fried Shrimp Recipe
- 1 lb Medium size shrimp peeled & deveined (tail on or off)
- 1 Tbs creole seasoning such as Old Bay
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 Tbs water
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- Preheat your deep fryer to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl, beat eggs with water and set aside.
- Mix panko and fine bread crumbs on a plate or bowl and set aside.
- In a bowl, toss the shrimp in the creole seasoning, then toss in the flour.
- Working in small batches, dip the floured shrimp in the egg mixture, then toss in the breadcrumbs and move to a plate.
- Once all the shrimp are breaded, place shrimp in a single layer in the deep fryer basket and lower into the oil.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Move them to a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve immediately with cocktail sauce, tartar sauce or lemon wedges.