Quick, colorful and full of flavor this Easy Summer Corn Salad is packed with corn, peppers, onions, tomatoes, cilantro and a citrus glaze. The perfect side to your summer bbq menu.
Sweet corn is rampant in our house during the Summer months. Once it hit’s stores we load up on it and can never get enough. My kids especially are super fans.
Now I’m the type of person who actually doesn’t care for corn on the cob. I know weird right! I’m more of the already off the cob kinda girl.
This Corn Salad recipe is just up my alley. Literally it is packed full of everything that I love. Plus its super easy, made in one dish which means less clean up! That is one of my absolute favorite things about cooking, when the clean up involved is minimal.
- Sweet corn (fresh or frozen)
- Green peppers
- Red onion
- Olive oil
- Lime zest
- Lime juice
- Salt & pepper
Literally how much more fresh can you get with this salad. My friend who was a taste tester with me for this corn salad said she loved it and it reminded her of almost like a salsa because of the citrus and tangy flavors.
One good thing about this salad is that it can be eaten as is with a spoon, with chips, topped over some fresh fish or chicken. There are so many different ways that you can eat this corn salad it is crazy versatile.
We really like to try to grow our own garden each year, well let me correct that, when I say we I mean my husband. I have to admit that I do not have a green thumb.
Unfortunately if plants had to rely on me, they would all be dead unfortunately. But I’m always happy to reap the benefits of the garden, and all these things in this salad can be picked fresh from home.
Another good thing is that we love picking up fresh produce from our local farmers market when it starts, we load up on all the goodness like the ingredients in this salad!
HOW TO MAKE CORN SALAD:
- In medium bowl add all your ingredients and give it a good toss.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for about an hour.
Now thats quite the instruction list isn’t it. Like I said, super easy recipe. Minimal and fresh ingredients, how could one go wrong with this recipe?!
The addition of the lime juice and zest really adds such a fresh and summery vibe to this corn salad recipe. Literally it bursts in your mouth, plus my kids actually love this, which is a shocker at times.
TIPS AND TRICKS:
- We like to use fresh sweet corn on the cob, boil and slice off the cob, but you can use frozen (about 4 cups).
- There are a lot of different mix-ins that you could add to this salad such as avocado, cucumber, red or yellow peppers, etc. Really any vegetable is a good choice.
- You can use some cojita cheese in this corn salad if you like, we have added it in the past when we wanted a little cheese flavor to the mix, super good!
- Chilling it for about an hour helps the flavors marry really well, so I really suggest refrigerating for a little bit before serving.
- Like stated in the post you can make this and eat as is, or serve it with chips or over meats.
If you are looking for that fresh salad to bring to your next bbq, this Easy Summer Corn Salad is just what you need. Fast, fresh, flavorful and fun!
Easy Summer Corn Salad
- 4 cups sweet corn off the cob or frozen (defrosted
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1/2 cup red onions sliced
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- Salt & pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- In medium bowl add all your ingredients and give a good stir.
- Cover with Saran Wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.