100% addicting this Creamy Cheesy Chicken Alfredo is quick and easy to whip up and is a family favorite for all ages.
So this is actually a copycat recipe. I didn’t put that in the title because the restaurant that it’s known from is regional so I wasn’t sure if anyone would actually know what it is! But nonetheless the pasta is one of our favorites and I couldn’t help but share.
Met have the bar and grill type restaurant that is called Grizzly’s and it’s pretty popular around the state. My husband is addicted, not just to the restaurant but to this pasta.
At the restaurant it’s actually called Bear Creek Pasta. But for the sake of the blog I’m calling it Creamy Cheesy Chicken Alfredo because essentially that’s exactly what it is.
There’s is actually made with angel hair spaghetti but I decided to be a rebel and not do that this time. Usually I do but I wanted to switch it up a little bit but you can absolutely make it with that if you prefer.
So pasta is drenched in an Alfredo sauce mixed with chicken, sautéed mushrooms and garlic. It’s thrn topped with mounds of Monterey Jack and mozzarella cheeses and that melts all over the top. It’s not stirred in and that’s what I looooove about it. It creates like a crust of cheese and it’s to die for.
You can surely adapt this Creamy Cheese Chicken Alfredo any way that you like. Use jarred alfredo sauce rather than homemade. Although I must admit, I particularly LOVE my homemade Alfredo sauce so you’re going to at the very least give it a try.
Maybe you could add some bacon or sausage. This pasta is made to be tailored. But eating it just the way it is, is and always has been my favorite way. Serve with a breadstick for dunking in the sauce and just devour. Those are my words of wisdom for the day!
Creamy Cheesy Chicken Alfredo
- 1 16 oz box spiral pasta (or spaghetti)
- 1 lb chicken breast cooked and chopped
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 4 oz can mushrooms, drained
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 stick butter
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- Garlic Powder
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Dried parsley flakes
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- In medium sauce pan melt your butter and add you cream cheese and stir until combined
- Add in your cream and parmesan and stir until creamy and blended.
- Stir in your salt, pepper and garlic powder to liking, set aside to thicken.
- In large skillet add your oil, mushrooms and garlic and simmer until mushrooms are tender.
- Add in your pasta, chicken and sauce and stir until blended.
- Top with your shredded cheeses and cover and place on low until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with parsley flakes and serve.
Tornadough Alli is not a nutritionist or dietitian, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and nutritional value is important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and values can vary depending on which brands were used.
Really great alfredo sauce! Very creamy and satisfying. I eat low carb and I added chopped spinach to the sauce and spooned it over porkchops and it was amazing!
Amanda S Rogers
What is heavy cream can you please tell me so I can make this recipe.
It’s found in any grocery store beside the milk usually in pint size cartons
Wow, this pasta is ridiculously good! I used linguine and broccoli, and skipped the mushrooms. I can’t get over how good it is and I think this will be my new go-to pasta dish. Thanks for sharing!
So happy you liked this! It is one of our all time faves, my husband requests it more time than not!
A perfect weekend project for fall. I have never made this before, but after seeing these beautiful photos, I can’t wait to give it a try. Thank you for sharing