This slow cooker cheesy potato soup is loaded with flavor and lots of bacon. It’s sure to be a family hit!
Hey there, heeeyyy! I’m Jen. It’s nice to meet ya!
A little about me and my blog: I’m a mother (to three kiddos) and wife to an awesomely bearded man. We live in Vero Beach, FL where the beach is right around the corner. I heart all things salt water, the sun, my flip flops, fishing, and food. I like to go through life with a sarcastic sense of humor, because, well, it’s life. I love all things food and I share delish food recipes (and our once-a-month Life Currently so you can see what goes on behind the scenes of our crazy kitchen) over at So Damn Delish. Over there our recipes are tried and true and must meet the following “requirements”: easy, budget friendly, flavorful, bold, and delish! Come on over and say heeeyyy…
Now that you know all about me let me tell you all about this slow cooker cheesy potato soup with bacon. It’s simple, hearty, delicious, and has bacon. Anything with bacon is sure to be good. 😉 Amiright?
Simple Ingredients to Make This Cheesy Potato Soup
- 4-5 Russet potatoes, diced
- 1 small white or yellow onion
- Chicken or Veggie Broth
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Heavy whipping cream,
- Spices: Italian seasoning and salt
That’s it! Then you throw it all in the slow cooker and let it do its magic, baby!
It slow cooks the potatoes to perfection and the spices added really kick the potato flavor up a notch. Topped with cheese and crumbled bacon this soup is sure to satisfy all size taste buds at home- even the kiddos. Our kiddos were asking for seconds of this. Could’ve been because the potatoes were perfect, that the seasonings were spot on, or because of, well, the bacon. We are bacon lovers here. 😉
Steps to Making This Cheesy Potato Soup
- Add potatoes, onion, salt, Italian seasoning, and broth to slow cooker. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
- When finished, use a potato masher to mash up about 1/3 of the potatoes. This will give the soup a creamier consistency with still having awesome chunks of potatoes.
- Stir in half the cheese, half of the crumbled bacon, and heavy whipping cream. Cook on high for 30-45 minutes.
- Top each bowl with extra cheese and bacon!
Now let’s get to makin’ some cheesy potato soup with bacon.
Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup with Bacon
- 4 cups russet potatoes, peeled and diced (about 4-5 potatoes)
- 1 small white or yellow onion, diced
- 4 cups chicken or veggie broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (or half and half)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
- Add potatoes, onion, salt, Italian seasoning, and broth to slow cooker. Cook on low for 8-9 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Using a potato masher, mash about 1/3 of the potatoes. Stir in 1 cup of cheese, half of the crumbled bacon, and heavy whipping cream. Cook on high for 30-45 min.
- Top each bowl with remaining cheese and crumbled bacon. Serve.