Creamy, rich and delicious this Coconut Cream Cheesecake takes the traditional pie and gives it a fun twist!
Who loves cheesecake raise your hand! *RAISES HAND HIGH WHILE JUMPING UP AND DOWN* Surprisingly my husband Mr. Non Sweets Lover actually will eat cheesecake all day every day if he could. This is the one dessert that has had his heart since he was younger.
Now I love myself a good cheesecake, I do. But I’m still going to always and unequivocally be the regular cake girl. But sneak me in a piece of cheesecake now and again,and you’ve got yourself one happy sweets loving lady who likes to switch it up! Especially when it’s this Coconut Cream Cheesecake!
I think that when people think of making cheesecakes they think that its hard. Well in all reality it’s not. Not at all! Everything pretty much whips up on one bowl and you’re set to go. The downfall sometimes is the wait time for letting the deliciousness set up! Ugh…why!!! But in the end it’s all worth it I promise.
If you’re the super sweet cheesecake lover, then I apologize, this cheesecake is not for you. This Coconut Cream Cheesecake has a delicious richness about it. The crust gives the bite of sweetness that everyone loves and the coconut flavor totally just makes this!
Now I prefer that this cheesecake is let sit overnight since it’s super creamy. But if you don’t have all that time to wait, or you’re super impatient like I’m known to be, 4-8 hours will do just fine if you’re in a pinch and just can’t seem to wait around a moment longer!
What I love about this Coconut Cream Cheesecake is that it has coconut right inside, in the crust AND on top! I mean there is no shortness of coconut here my friends. I promise you though that it is not at all overwhelming and the coconut is merely subtle yet tasty!
So if you’re looking to switch up your dessert routine with a fun spin on a classic dish then this Coconut Cream Cheesecake is sure to win over the family, friends or guests! Super simple to whip up, rich, delicious and hearty!
Coconut Cream Cheesecake
- 1 envelope graham crackers crushed
- 5 Tbs sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetend coconut
- 6 Tbs butter
- 3 8 oz blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut diced fine in food processor
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs beaten
- 7 oz coconut milk
- 1 tub whipped cream or homemade
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In bowl mix together your graham cracker crumbs, sugar and coconut and stir until combined.
- Add in your butter and mix well again.
- Press into a sprayed 9" spring-form pan and bake for about 15 minutes or until edges are slightly golden, remove from oven and let sit.
- Lower your oven temp to 325.
- In large bowl add your cream cheese and with hand mixer mix until smooth.
- Add in your sugar, cornstarch, coconut, extracts and salt and mix until incorporated.
- Slowly add in your egg, mixing well after each addition.
- Lastly add in your coconut milk and blend together.
- Pour into your spring-form pan and place inside a roasting pan and fill halfway with water so its up the sides of your spring-for pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until center is slightly jiggly.
- Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature before wrapping in tinfoil and chilling for 8 hours to overnight.
- Once chilled spread whipped cream over top of cheesecake reserving some for piping if deisred.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut and serve.