With its delicious lemon flavor these Iced Lemon Sugar Cookies are an addicting quick treat to devour down when you want a fun citrus burst!
I’ve been getting really into cookies lately. I’ve said in the past that I’ve never really been the hugest of cookie lovers, but my husband is absolutely addicted so hes been slowly turning me into the cookie lover like he is. Never in a million years would I ever thought that would happen!
I’ve been thinking about spring lately. Here in Minnesota we have had this unnatural warm up these last few weeks! It’s been almost 40 degrees here! So what better thing to bake with than lemon. Say hello to these soft and delicious Iced Lemon Sugar Cookies!
Lemon has always been one of my favorite flavors! You can see a few of my favorite things to do with it like this Lemon Poppyseed Cake and these Cheesecake Stuffed Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes! It is just one of those flavors that pretty much everyone will love…except my husband, he don’t know whats good for him!
These cookies bake up in minutes and are absolutely soft and have just the perfect amount of lemon flavoring! But I always like to add a little bit more to my cookie so I had to finish these off with a sweet and tart lemon glaze. Now that glaze really makes these cookies.
The flavor of these cookies really makes me think of Spring, and now that we are in the “heart” of winter, despite it being a relatively nice temperature I still can’t stop thinking about when it’s going to warm up for good! I envy all you people who get to live in a warm climate.
As much as I tolerate living in this tundra, I truly one day hope to move where it’s sunny and 75 almost every day! Keep dreaming right? Well since I can’t have that at this moment in time, I have these cookies and the flavors to bring me back to where I want to be!
Iced Lemon Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 Tbs lemon zest
- 4 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- In bowl beat together your butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in your lemon zest, lemon juice, egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Slowly add your baking soda and flour and mix until just combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Once refrigerated preheat your oven to 350.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and add about 2 tablespoons of dough into hand and roll into ball and set on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until edges are just slightly golden, let rest for about 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- To make your glaze mix together your powdered sugar, lemon juice and zest in bowl.
- You can dip, drizzle or add glaze to baggie with a tip cut off and drizzle over.
Tornadough Alli is not a nutritionist or dietitian, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and nutritional value is important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and values can vary depending on which brands were used.
Wood household furniture possesses something very natural concerning it.
There is this sense of heat, of attribute as well as of beauty that can be be located in hardwood furniture.
Wood is birthed from the earth.
Lemon is so great any dish you make I am anxious make these weekend hope you an your followers have wonderful & Blessed weekend
THESE WERE REALLY GOOD, JUST ENOUGH LEMON.
Thanks, Mom. Happy you enjoyed them!