Soft, chewy and downright delicious these Monster Cookie are a fun and spooky recipe that the whole family will love.
Ok so I completely understand that Halloween is still over a month away. But if you’re anything like me you like to get prepared as much ahead of time before holidays as I can, ya know?
So these Monster Cookies are FULL of all the cookie goodness. This is one of my husband favorite recipes! Usually he’s not the highest sweets guy I know but these are one treat that he will hoard and insist that these are all his and his alone.
Now these are good any time of year but if you really wanna spice it up for Halloween adding these fun candy eyes really make them Monster Cookies!! Literally it’s the easiest and perfect treat for the holiday.
My kids adore these as they are a fun link twist to their normal cookie routine! They are super simple to make and are made in all on bowl, who doesn’t love the cleanup on that!! Whoop whoop!
So these are so easy it’s absolutely fun to get the kids in on, little hands looove dumping the ingredients in and these are the best cookie to do that with! And I realized I’m rambling here you guys!!
So in closing let’s just say that around here everyone is super excited for Halloween and these Monster Cookies are just what Frankenstein ordered 😉
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned or quick oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini M&M's
- 1 pkg Wilton Candy Eyes
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- In large bowl cream together your sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Mix in your eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Add in your flour, baking soda and cornstarch and mix until combined.
- Mix in your peanut butter until smooth.
- With spatula, fold in your oats, chocolate chips and M&M's.
- By heaping tablespoonfuls (2 per cookie) place dough onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until slightly golden on top.
- Remove from oven and gently press candy eyes onto warm cookies.
- Let cool on pan for about 5 minutes then transfer to cooling wrack to cool completely.