Nothing goes better with a tall glass of milk than this Brownie Bottom Peanut Butter Cup Tart. Full of delicious peanut butter and topped with a melted chocolate coating it is an easy and filling dessert!
Can you believe that the Summer is almost ending? My kids don’t go back to school until after labor day so fortunately we still have a little bit of Summer break to enjoy. The weather is really showing that it is starting to come to an end sadly.
We unfortunately live in a climate where it is cold the majority of the year, boo! I dream of one day living by the ocean, waking up to mild temperatures all year long. ONE DAY! Right now Minnesota will have to do.
I’m not saying Minnesota is bad, not at all. Come on, we are actually one of the top outdoor tourist destinations in the county. There is so many amazing things about this state…the lakes are just the beginning. But it all boils down to me…being cold all the time, and that’s just not cool. Even in the Summers you’ll see me rocking light jacket until almost July. So this gal needs a warm climate almost year around…help a girl out!
Anyways, now that had nothing to do with this post, other than this is an amazing comfort food that I love to eat during the cold months. Although its amazing all year round. Lets call this Brownie Bottom Peanut Butter Cup Tart a glorified peanut butter bar, only better.
The addition of a brownie crust totally makes this baby. I want to eat this all day every day. Not just because chocolate and peanut butter are an awesome pair, but because its literally addicting! Like, cant stop…wont stop status right there!
Okay, I may be going a little overboard with that, but I love sweets. That’s my true addition. But I’m proud of it 🙂 ain’t no same in the sweets game! If this girls got her chocolate, I will be forever happy. Mainly cake, but I don’t discriminate, a dessert is a dessert.
Okay, so besides being super tasty, this is also super easy to make. Like it only takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish to actually cook and assemble this beast. Yeah, you’ve got a little wait time for the chocolate to set up, but that happens pretty quickly once you toss it in the fridge.
So if you have some free time on your hands, love chocolate, love peanut butter and are brownie obsessed like me, then this is the recipe for you. This Brownie Bottom Peanut Butter Cup Tart has your name written al over it!
Brownie Bottom Peanut Butter Cup Tart
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs room temp
- 3 Tbs cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
PEANUT BUTTER CUP FILLING
- 2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chip
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a large tart pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In bowl add melted butter and sugar and stir to combine, whisk in your eggs and vanilla until incorporated.
- Stir in your flour until just mixed. Spread into bottom of prepared tart pan and bake for about 12 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and using a dish towel gently press down center and up the sides slightly so brownie creates a shell, set aside to cool.
- In food processor (or bowl) add your graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar and pulse to combine .
- Add in your peanut butter and pulse again to combine.
- Turning on your food processor slowly add your butter and keep on until everything comes together and all dry parts are mixed in.
- Spoon peanut butter cup filling onto top of your brownies.
- In small bowl add your topping ingredients and microwave in 30 second intervals on high until melted.
- Pour and spread over top of peanut butter cup layer.
- Place in refrigerator to set, cut and serve!