Hop into Spring with these fluffy and delicious Blueberry Lemon Sweet Rolls. Glazed with a sweet lemon glaze these rolls are the perfect morning treat!
This post is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill.
Spring is a few day’s away and I couldn’t be more happy! Coming from Minnesota I am so over these cold and frigid winter months! A week or so ago we had some weather that was a bit out of the ordinary for this time of year. It was close to 70’s for a few days which was nice, but the one day it was there was a tornado, yet the next day we woke up to snow on the ground…curious, very curious!
So the moment when it becomes above freezing for any given period of time, this girl starts whipping out all the Spring baking and decorations and I prepare myself for one of the best times of year. Bring on the warm weather and all the baking!
As you all know…I love me some lemon. I love to bake with it probably more than any other flavor that I’ve baked with in the past! And we all know that along with lemon comes blueberries and I needed a good brunch food so these Blueberry Lemon Sweet Rolls made their grand entrance.
For these rolls I used Bob’s Red Mill Organic All Purpose Flour! I love Bob’s Red Mill, there quality ingredients have been with me baking since the beginning. I love all their different flours for so many different uses but this Organic All Purpose is the one that I use the most.
It is the same high protein flour used by professional bakers which produces perfectly textured, light and airy baked goods. They also freshly mill this flour from hard red wheat. You can use it for all your baked goods from breads, biscuits, cookies muffins and especially these Blueberry Lemon Sweet Rolls!
What I love about these is that they can be either made in one sitting, or you can refrigerate them overnight and bake in the morning. They are versatile like that. One thing that may scare people off is the use of yeast in these. I can relate in being scared of yeast let me tell you!
When I first started baking years ago I wouldn’t go near the stuff, so quick breads and canned biscuits were the only “bread” I was making. But then finally I grew bolder and decided that I needed to branch out and went and bought myself my first packet of yeast and went from there.
I’m not going to say the first few times went easy…because they didn’t but once you get the hang of yeast you’ll never want to stop baking with it. The proof is in the….proofing. For real, I always let my yeast proof to make sure it’s alive. That way I can ensure that I’m going to have a dough that will rise and I wont waste myself an hour waiting for that.
These puppies may be a little time consuming but trust me when I say that they are worth it. Cinnamon, caramel and sweet rolls go lot hot cakes in our house. They are always something the kids can enjoy and they are the perfect staple recipe to have on hand when you have company.
These Lemon Blueberry Sweet Rolls are perfect to have in your arsenal for spring baking! These are also really fun to help have your kids make with you. Little hands love rolling things, sprinkling and spreading and these rolls have all of that involved, so grab the kids and have some fun in the kitchen this spring.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill.
Blueberry Lemon Sweet Rolls
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 4 Tbs butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs flour
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup blueberries
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 Tbs butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbs heavy cream or hilk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- In large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/4 cup sugar and salt.
- In a sauce pan or bowl in microwave melt your butter and milk until warm. Let cool and add your yeast to proof.
- Once yeast has proofed add your milk and butter mixture along with your egg to flour mix.
- Stir to combine add 1/2 cup flour at a time until dough starts to pull away from bowl.
- Dump out onto floured surface knead until dough is smooth and elastic adding in additional flour as needed, about 5 minutes.
- Cover and place in warm place until double in size.
- To make your filling mix together butter, sugar, flour and lemon zest in bowl and set aside.
- Once your dough has doubled dump out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out into a 12"x15" rectangle.
- Spread your filling mixture over the top until it reaches edges, sprinkle with blueberries.
- Roll up starting on long side then cut into 12 equal sections.
- Place in a 9"x13" baking dish and cover and place in warm place again (or in refrigerator if letting these rise overnight).
- Once doubled in size again, preheat your oven to 350 and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden, remove from oven and set aside.
- To make your glaze, mix together all ingredients in bowl and then spread over the tops of slightly warm sweet rolls.
- Serve and enjoy!