Breakfast, lunch or dinner this Biscuits and Gravy Skillet is the perfect quick and easy meal for any time of day!
I have never been the biggest breakfast fan, unless it was biscuits and gravy. I love breakfast food but I’ve never been the breakfast eater so we do a lot of brinner around my house and we never complain.
This Biscuits and Gravy Skillet is a fun twist on the traditional dish! Everything is made in one skillet and baked until golden and bubbly and those are two words that I cannot drool over more. I mean yum.
This dish is made up of gooey and tasty sausage gravy that is then topped with light and fluffy drop biscuits on top. In all honesty I almost prefer the drop biscuits to the original. There is just this fluffy pillowy texture to them that makes them so desirable.
I made this Extreme Biscuits and Gravy a few years ago and it was a big hit with everyone so I figured it was about time to try a new version. Not actually try a new version as we’ve been loving this recipe for a while but I wanted to share this easy Biscuits and Gravy Skillet with all of you because it’s seriously too good not to share.
Like I said this skillet isn’t just for breakfast. It makes a good brunch, lunch and dinner. We usually have it for dinner because half the time we are too busy in the mornings for anything harder than a bowl of cereal, which I’m sure some of you may be able to relate to.
So if you want a dish that is baked in one skillet, you can pretty much portion out super easily and tastes ah-mazing then this Biscuits and Gravy Skillet needs to be added to your MUST make list. I promise you’ll love it just as much as my family does!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 Tbs unsalted cold butter cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Tbs sugar
- 1 1/4 buttermilk
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 4 Tbs flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350.
- To make biscuits, in large bowl stir together your flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar and whisk to combine.
- Using a pastry blender or forks add in your butter and mix until you get small bits.
- Stir in your buttermilk until just combined, set aside.
- Meanwhile make your gravy by browning sausage in skillet until no more pink is left.
- Add in your flour and stir around for about 1 minute then slowly add in your milk and stir until it thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in your spices and stir to combine.
- Drop your biscuit mixture by 1/4 cupfulls onto top of your gravy.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden.