Easy, cheesy and delicious this Pollo Fundido is a tasty Mexican dish that can be a meal, side or a snack!
My post is so late this morning. My 6-year-old asked me so sweetly to make him some pancakes and obviously I couldn’t say no. It then turned into a competition on how big mom could make a pancake and actually keep it together. Might I say that I did a pretty good job. Maybe I made an overwhelming amount of pancakes but at least they save pretty well.
Today I’m going to share with you my all time favorite Mexican dish. I have been craving this for a few weeks now but haven’t gotten a chance to get to go to our local Mexican place. Is it bad that seriously every time I go I order the same thing? It’s just so absolutely amazing that I cannot help myself when it comes to this dish! What are some of your favorite Mexican dishes?
This is chalked full of chicken, sautéed onions, melted cheese sauce, green chiles, and spices. I am so happy that I can recreate this at home and save me $10+ by going out. At the restaurant this is served on a plate along side lettuce, refried beans, rice and tortillas. I eat it either the way it is, or sometimes I add it onto the tortillas and make it a taco. Either way is absolutely delicious so choose what you’d like to do!
- 2 chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- 1 large onion cut into slices
- Chili salt recipe to follow
- 1 15 ocan Queso Blanco (this is the brand we use, found at Wal-Mart
- 1 (4 ocan green chiles
- Chili Salt:
- 1/8 cup sea salt
- 1/8 cup chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne peppers
- Dash paprika
- Dash pepper
- On stove in butter or oil saute your onions until tender, remove from pan and set aside.
- Sprinkle your chicken breasts with desired amount of chili salt and cook on both sides until done.
- Meanwhile while chicken is cooking in small bowl mix together your Queso Blanco and your green chiles, set aside. When chicken is done, remove beasts from pan and slice into strips.
- Add your chicken and your onions back to pan.
- Pour your Queso Blanco mix over the top of chicken.
- Cover and simmer on low until Queso is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with tortillas, rice, lettuce, beans or any other desired side dish. Enjoy!
Tornadough Alli is not a nutritionist or dietitian, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and nutritional value is important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and values can vary depending on which brands were used.Nutrition Disclaimer