These Overnight Breakfast Sausage Enchiladas are a delicious and fast way to start your mornings out right.
So some mornings I’m lazy. Ok a lot of the mornings I’m lazy and the majority of the time I try to go back to sleep for an hour after my kids get on the bus. I have to admit I’m a night owl so this little extra snooze helps immensely.
Being the night owl that I am I love to whip up some overnight breakfasts so in the mornings I don’t have to wake up early to get something delicious on the table. So these Overnight Breakfast Sausage Enchiladas were a must.
Some of my other favorite overnight breakfasts include these Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats and this seriously addicting Overnight Raspberry Cream Cheese French Toast Bake!! You guys…the overnight stuff is amazing.
So my enchiladas are pretty basic. I have some breakfast sausage, green peppers, onions, seasoning and cheese. I mean how easy is that combination? Really the sky is the limit with these puppies, bacon, chorizo.. yes please.
So they are all rolled up in tortillas and then eggs are mixed with some milk, more seasonings and some hot sauce for a little extra kick. It’s then covered and sits overnight in the refrigerator where the enchiladas soak up all the delicious egg mixture.
So what’s fun about these as that when you think breakfast enchiladas you would think the egg is inside Right? Well that’s kinda what the overnight soaking does. It seeps inside and when it baked it kinda turns each individual enchilada into their very own egg bake!
So if your short on time in the mornings, want a breakfast to feed guests or just don’t feel like making something from start to finish in the morning then these Overnight Breakfast Sausage Enchiladas are right up your alley!
Overnight Breakfast Sausage Enchiladas
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 1 onion , diced
- 1 green bell pepper , diced
- 2 cups cheese , divided
- 8 tortillas
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tbs hot sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Pico de gallo (optional)
- Olives (optional)
- Cilantro (optional)
- In pan heat your sausage, onion and peppers on medium heat until sausage is cooked and veggies are tender, set aside.
- Place about 2/3 cup of your filling mixture into center of a tortilla, top with 2 Tbs of cheese and roll up and place seem side down in a 11x7" baking dish.
- Repeat until all tortillas are filled.
- In bowl mix together your eggs, milk, salt, pepper and hot sauce and pour over enchiladas.
- Cover with tinfoil and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 350.
- Sprinkle about 1 cup of cheese over the top of the enchiladas and recover and bake for about 30 minutes then remove foil and continue baking until eggs are set and cheese is melted.
- Serve with desired toppings.