Comforting and delicious this Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli recipe is an easy delicious takeout favorite that the whole family will love.
Today we have Meaghan from 4 Sons R’ Us sharing this tasty and easy Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli recipe! Packed full of delicious flavors this is the perfect recipe to fix it and forget it for those busy weeknights!
This recipe has always been one of my favorite go to dinners. My kids absolutely LOVE beef and broccoli so it’s one of those recipes that week keep in our continuous rotation. Especially this time of year when we have lots of sports going on, which in reality happens almost all year around but slow cooker recipes and cooler weather go hand in hand.
Starting with delicious steak you slow cook it in an even more delicious sauce then toss in some broccoli and serve over rice. I mean how much more simple can it get than that?
We love takeout. I mean like absolutely love it, probably more than we should. This is one recipe that we always get. But who doesn’t love when you can make your favorite takeout food at home? This Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli recipe makes that SUPER simple.
Lately I’ve been living off of all things crockpot. I’m addicted to them. They really make the ease of cooking really easy. I love the idea of being able to just throw things together and not have to worry about them and have a delicious meal as the end result.
With 4 kids pulling me every which way those are the types of meals that my family craves and needs. So this easy Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli is one recipe where it takes the guesswork out of dinnertime and lets me just sit back and relax and enjoy my time without having to spend it in the kitchen!
If you can relate to any of that then this recipe is definitely for you!
Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
- 1-1 1/2 lb steak cut into thinly sliced strips
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup packed, brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3-4 tsp minced garlic
- dash of sriracha optional
- 3 cups fresh or frozen, broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 tbsp of liquid from slow cooker
- Add the steak to the bowl of your slow cooker.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the broth, soy sauce, sugar, oil, garlic, & sriracha until evenly combined. Pour over the steak, stirring to combine.
- Put the lid on and cook on low for 4 hours.
- In a small bowl, stir together 2 tbsp cornstarch and 4 tbsp of the broth from the slow cooker until evenly combined. Pour into the slow cooker, stirring to combine. Cook another 30 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Turn the heat up to high, stir in the broccoli, and cook another 30 minutes.
- Serve hot over cooked jasmine, or basmati, white rice.