These Easy Fish Tacos recipe is flavorful, quick and perfect for a crowd! Deep fried and topped with a sweet and tangy cumin honey, these tacos are epic.
Another Monday is upon us and the good thing about today is that I have an amazing Fish Taco recipe for you! I hope you all enjoyed the weekend. I am a little underwhelmed with this time change. Maybe more so for the fact that we hosted game night on Saturday and once all was said and done we weren’t in bed until around 4am. Then was up again around 8 to get the kids up and ready for Sunday school.
I always tell myself that I will do nothing and just lay around and have it actually be lazy Sunday. Yeah, never happens. I’m a doer at heart and I couldn’t help but cook and bake all day. That’s just how I do. Maybe one day I’ll be able to just sit and relax and not have to feel like I need to always do something, one day…I keep telling myself that. But in my insistent need to make things all the time, these amazing Fish Tacos were on the menu this weekend!
So we went out to eat at a local restaurant for my mother-on-laws birthday on Friday and my sister-in-law got their Walleye Tacos. Obviously being the family that we are, we share food. Those things were so awesome that I knew I had to recreate them. Unfortunately I’m not on a walleye budget, so I decided to use delicious fresh tilapia instead.
Now normally I am not a fish eater, yes I know it’s weird, but I almost hate all forms of seafood besides a select few. So luckily I tried her fish tacos otherwise I would have missed the deliciousness that these bad boys came with.
So after some diligent research into their menu I had a game plan and went from there. The cumin honey are essential to this fish taco recipe!! Seriously, I never would have thought to put the two flavors together, but they work SO WELL.
Add some cabbage, pico and chipotle ranch and you have yourself one heavenly fish taco. After this I have converted myself into the sometime fish lover catergory. What are some of your fave ways to eat fish tacos?
Fish Tacos with Cumin Honey
- 2 lbs talapia
- Salt and pepper
- Sliced Cabbage
- Pico de gallo
- Chipotle ranch
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1-2 tsp cumin
- Preheat your oil to 375.
- Cut your tilapia into about 2 inch cubes, place in bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- To make your batter combine your flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Whisk in milk and egg until fully incorporated. Let sit for about 20 minutes.
- Meawhile to mix together your honey and cumin.
- Once batter had a chance to sit dip your fish in batter and fry in batches until golden brown.
- Place on paper towel lined plate or bowl to drain.
- Once all fish is fried add 3-4 piece to a tortilla and drizzle with the cumin honey.
- Top with desired toppings such as cabbage, pico de gallo, chipolte ranch, lime and cilantro as we did.