Cranberry and orange flavors collide in this easy and delicious Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake. Sweet orange juice and tart cranberries make this cake burst with flavor.
This time of year cranberry and orange is one of my absolute favorite flavors. They go together just like chocolate and peanut butter or lemon and blueberry.
If you know anything about me and my website, you know that I adore any and all things related to cake! It’s been a while since I did a bundt cake recipe, so I thought it was about time.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS:
- With delicious flavor from the sweet orange juice and tart cranberries it really offsets the flavors and plays together really well.
- A sweet orange juice glaze sets off the flavors of this cake and gives it just enough punch of orange to complement the whole cake.
- Easily available ingredients make this recipe super easy to whip up, once cranberries are available in your grocer (usually this time of year) you should be set!
HOW TO MAKE CRANBERRY ORANGE BUNDT CAKE, STEP BY STEP:
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat butter and sugar and beat for 2 to 3 minutes until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Beat eggs well after each addition making sure that they are combined and blended well.
- Add in your vanilla and orange zest.
- Beat until combined well into batter.
- Add in 1/3 of your flour and beat until combined.
- Add in 1/2 of your milk and beat until blended, then add flour, remaining milk and then flour again until combined.
- Add in your orange juice and again, beat until combined, set aside.
- In medium bowl add your cranberries and flour and stir to coat.
- Add your cranberries into fake batter and fold in gently until distributed evenly.
- Spread into a greased and floured bundt pan and bake at 350 for about 50 minutes until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Remove and cool.
WHY COAT CRANBERRIES IN FLOUR?
So the purpose of coating pretty much any type of fruit in cakes is that fruit likes to sink to the bottom of the cake. The flour helps prevent that and binds onto the batter and keeps the fruit into place.
Essentially making them evenly spread out through the cake and not centered into one spot, so always recommend tossing your fruits into a tablespoon or two of flour before mixing into batter.
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT BUNDT CAKE:
So I have a tried and true method that makes my bundt cakes come out of the pan perfectly every single time. I always use shortening and then flour the bundt pan really well. I have never had an issue with them coming out with cracks, or anything sticking.
There are other methods out there like using Bakers Joy, which has flour added into it or you can make your own Miracle Pan Release that ensures the cake comes out without sticking.
While both those methods work, I have always stuck and will always use the tried and true shortening with flour, never fails. If you are making a chocolate bundt cake you can use cocoa powder in place of flour.
HOW TO STORE A BUNDT CAKE:
- ROOM TEMP: You can safely store this cake covered at room temperature 1-2 days.
- REFRIGERATOR: Cover with plastic wrap tightly and store your bundt cake in the refrigerator where it should stay fresh for about 4-5 days.
- FREEZER: Bake and cool cake completely, but do not glaze. Wrap in plastic wrap 2 times and store in freezer for up to 3 months. To serve, let thaw to room temperature overnight, then add the glaze.
This Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake is the perfect addition to your holiday menu. Pretty much anything with cranberries and baking is absolutely delicious, but we adore the cranberry and orange flavor together the most.
So if you are looking for that perfect cake to serve as a holiday dessert then you need to whip up this recipe. It is super easy, feeds a crowd and is absolutely delicious.
If you like this bundt cake recipe you might also like:
If you’ve tried this CRANBERRY ORANGE BUNDT CAKE or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and what shenanigans I’m getting into!
Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- Zest of 1 orange
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups cranberries
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbs orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease and flour a 10-cup bundt pan, set aside.
- In bowl whisk together your flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl beat together your butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in your eggs one at a time until blended.
- Add in your orange zest and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Into your egg mixture add 1/3 of your flour mixture and mix until blended.
- Add half your milk, again blending to combine, then flour mixture then milk.
- Lastly add in your orange juice and beat until incorporated.
- In bowl toss together your cranberries and flour until coated then fold into cake batter.
- Spread into prepared bundt pan and bake for about 50-55 minutes until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 5 minutes before inventing onto serving plate to cool completely.
- Once cooled make your glaze by whisking together orange juice and powdered sugar until you get your desired consistency, drizzle over cooled cake.