Wan’t a quick and easy holiday treat that is only 3 ingredients? These White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel Rods are effortless, delicious and fast.
Two things that my family loves around here are pretzels and candy canes. If we have those in the house, they are gone within days, no doubt.
Every year for as far back as I can remember we have been making these Peppermint Pretzel Rods for the holidays. The kids love them, they are perfect for gift giving and they really go a long way!
We love easy and tasty recipes around here and these White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel Rods are one of our favorite ones to whip up, especially since the kids can get in on the action.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS:
- With only 3 ingredients and minimal steps, these Pretzel Rods are done within 20 minutes from start to finish.
- The flavors of the salty and sweet work perfect together, giving you the best of both worlds.
- If you love giving “food gifts” for the holidays, these are one of the best ones to include in those gift giving baskets.
Now I have to admit, I’m not the hugest peppermint lover around the block. The beauty of these Pretzel Rods is that you can add as little or as much peppermint as you’d like as it comes in the form of crushed candy canes.
There are actually so many different ways that you can make these Pretzel Rods that don’t even have to include peppermint! Some of my favorite ways include:
- Pretzel Rods with dark chocolate and white chocolate drizzle.
- Pretzel Rods with chocolate and toffee bits.
- Pretzel Rods with white or regular chocolate and sprinkles or holiday candies.
There are so many different variations that you can make with this super simple recipe, this is really just a basic basis for a great treat.
HOW TO MAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT PRETZEL RODS, STEP BY STEP:
- Melt your candiquik according to package directions.
- Dip half of your pretzel rods into the melted chocolate.
- Over a parchment paper lined baking sheet sprinkle crushed candy canes over the top and then place on baking sheet to harden.
SO STUPID SIMPLE!!!!! Like this recipe is so easy, this is one of the reasons why we make it each and every year. They are just good to grab and go and snack on for sure.
Since we do a lot of baking this time of year (don’t we all?) we actually like to buy our crushed candy canes in bulk instead of having to crush individual ones alone.
You can buy smaller bags if you’d like but if you can’t find a bag of precrushed candy canes, just crush them yourself. You’ll need about 1- 1 1/2 cups of crushed candy. So get a large ziploc baggie, a mallet and go to town crushing those bad boys!
CAN I USE REGULAR PRETZELS?
Absolutely! Obviously they are smaller so just either dip the whole pretzel and coat in the chocolate and then place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and sprinkle with the crushed candy canes.
You can also just dip portions of the pretzels as well and sprinkle, it’s really up to you on what ration that you’d want of chocolate and peppermint.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING PRETZEL RODS:
- I like to use white Candiquik for this recipe, it melts easy and stays melted longer. If you want you can use regular white chocolate chips or almond bark.
- Use salted or unsalted pretzel rods, or even regular pretzels if you like (referenced in the post).
- You can dip half or the whole pretzel into the chocolate, we do half which results in less mess, but have done whole as well.
- Mix up your chocolate and toppings for these Pretzel Rods (referenced in the post) to create a whole new flavor.
If you want that perfect holiday treat that you can put out at parties, put in gifts or just to snack on throughout the season you will want to make these easy White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel Rods!
If you like this recipe you might also like:
If you’ve tried these WHITE CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT PRETZEL RODS or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and what shenanigans I’m getting into!
White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel Rods
- 1 block White Chocolate Candyquik
- 1 bag of pretzel rods
- 1-1 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy canes
- Line a baking sheet with parchement paper.
- Melt your candyquik according to package directions.
- Once melted dip your pretzel rods, tapping on side of container to let any excess chocolate drip off.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes and set on parchment paper to harden.
ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED NOVEMBER, 2017