A fun, fruity, colorful cake – this Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles Cake is sweet, bright and full of flavor!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CerealAnytime #CollectiveBias
If you haven’t gathered already, I’m kind of a cake person. Ok, in all honestly I’m kind of a sweets person all around. I don’t judge. If it’s sweet, I will eat…that’s my motto. And I fully believe I can live by it, as long as I’m happy that’s all that matters, right?
So I was feeling kind of nostalgic and this Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles Cake was born. Moist layers of white cake are filled with bright colorful goodness then frosted with a ultra delicious Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles buttercream. Seriously it’s like a rainbow within a cake!
I grew up with Fruity Pebbles being one of my absolute favorite cereals and that is the same today as it was 20 years ago. Being a busy mom of 4 we don’t have a lot of time in the mornings and cereal is one of our go-to options, but cereal isn’t jut for breakfast anymore folks!
I first introduced you to my love of this Marshmallow buttercream here and it is one of the most delicious buttercream frostings out there. Add some Fruity Pebbles to the mix and you have yourself a fruity marshmallowy piece of heaven.
I think there is something about bright colorful foods that intrigue people and draw them in! Once you see this cake it’s like…omg gimme. I need to see what that colorful goodness is all about!
Can you believe that Fruity Pebbles has been around since 1970!!! Now they upped their game and added marshmallows to the mix in this new Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles. Finally a cereal where my kids won’t just go in and pick out the marshmallows and be done with it!
Around here we like to utilize cereal it in different forms other than in a bowl with milk. Obviously with my track record you can only assume which way I was heading. Dessert! You truly can have cereal anytime! Not to mention that this cereal alone is a great source of vitamins like B6, Thiamin and Riboflavin! It is also naturally cholesterol free! Woo-hoo to that!
I happened to see this new Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles cereal while I was browsing my local Walmart like I’m known to do and knew I need it in my life. So while I was perusing I picked up all the other simple ingredients I needed to make this colorful beauty and hurried home to my kitchen.
You’d be surprised at how easy this cake is to make! Don’t be scared of layer cakes, I was for the longest time and once I started making them more often I got less and less scared and realized that they don’t have to be utterly beautiful (trust me a lot of people don’t judge), they just have to be tasty!
This Fruity Pebbles Marshmallow Cake is just that AND has flavor for days! Moist white cake is layered with blue, yellow and pink buttercream and frosted with marshmallow buttercream (with Fruity Pebbles mix in) and coated in Fruity Pebbles. That coat makes this cake! Each little piece packs a delicious fruity punch with each bite!
What I really love about this cake is that it mixes crunch and creamy together. You have the soft creaminess of the cake and buttercream which is set off by the crunchy fruity burst from the Fruity Pebbles! Seriously you guys, this cake was so much fun! I felt like a kid again making this, just the colors can’t help but make you smile!!
What is your favorite way you’d use this delicious new Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles cereal?
Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles Cake
- 1 1/2 cup butter
- 2 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2-3 cups Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup shortening
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 2 7 oz containers Marshmallow Creme
- Blue pink and yellow food coloring
- 1/2 cup Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray bottom and line 2 9" cake pans with parchment paper and spray sides.
- In large bowl beat your butter and sugar together with hand mixer (or you could use a stand mixer) until light and fluffy.
- Add your egg whites and vanilla and continue to mix for a few more minutes until incorporated well.
- In separate medium bowl combine your flour and baking powder until combined.
- Taking turns add about 1/3 of your flour mixture to your wet mixture, followed by your milk. Continue until all ingredients are added making sure to beat well after each addition.
- Divide the batter evenly among your 2 pans.
- Place in oven on center rack and bake for about 30-35 minutes or until golden and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for about 5 minutes then turn onto wire cooling rack.
- Meanwhile to make buttercream in large bowl beat together your butter and shortening until light and fluffy. Add your almond extract and continue to beat.
- One cup at a time add your powdered sugar until thick.
- Lastly add in your marshmallow creme and beat until everything comes together.
- To make your colored layers in 3 small bowls add about 1/2 cup of buttercream to each and desired amount of food coloring to each bowl.
- To assemble and frost your cake, using a cake leveler or serated knife cut each of your cake layers in half. Add one layer to your cake stand, top with your blue buttercream and spread out until about 1/2" from sides. Repeat with remaining layers.
- To frost the outside of your cake add your 1/2 cup Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles to buttercream and stir to mix together, add to the sides of your cake and spread around, once spread onto sides and a thin layer on top.
- Sprinkle your remaining Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles over top of cake and up sides, gently pushing into frosting.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tornadough Alli is not a nutritionist or dietitian, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and nutritional value is important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and values can vary depending on which brands were used.
What a pretty cake!
Jenna @ A Savory Feast
This cake is totally crazy! I love all the fun colors going on. It would be perfect for a birthday party!
Thanks Jenna, this is a really fun cake and perfect for a birthday party for sure!
WHAT?!? Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles! How did I miss this!!! This cake looks AMAZING too!!! I need to go pick some up and make it for my boys!
I know, these are amazing!! My kids devoured the whole box – well what was left after I made this cake, and we devoured that too!
This is fantastic!! Fruity Pebbles is probably one of my favorite childhood cereals…I might have to pick up a box this week!
I completely agree on being a fave childhood cereal, would always gravitate to this first!!
What a colorful cake! I could see this being great for parties!
For sure, I’d totally bring this to any party!
Michelle @ Sunshine and Hurricanes.com
I’m a fan of anything rainbow so this super fun cake is right up my alley! Waht a great idea for Summer!!!!
I know rainbow foods are awesome!
Michelle De La Cerda
Fruity pebbles bring me back to my childhood. I was a fan of both fruity pebbles and cocoa pebbles. Very creative cake!
Thanks Michelle. I love both of the cereals for sure.
This looks fun and colorful!
Thanks Melanie, colorful indeed!
This cake looks and sounds amazing! It’s like having the best of both worlds. Thanks for sharing! #client
Thank you so much Jesenia. This was so much fun to make!
What a fun cake! I bet the littles in your life loved it as much as you did! Fun Fun Fun! I’d love for you to link it up tonight at Tips and Tricks Link Party on Fearlessly Creative Mammas at 9pm eastern time. Pinning.