Do you guy’s love Valentines Day? Can you believe it is right around the corner? This is my first Valentines post on the blog since this time last year my blog was just a passing thought and not a reality at the time. I love creating recipes for the holiday’s and these Layers of Love Cheesecake Bars are no exception!! Red velvet has always been one of my most favorite flavors and obviously I would have to use it in a Valentine recipe.
I was initially thinking about calling these Pink Ombre Bars, but I felt like that wasn’t creative enough. Sometimes coming up with creative recipes is hard with all the ones that are our there and naming them to make them stand out is even harder! You want it to sound delicious, but yet be different and eye-catching at the same time. These Layers of Love bars are just that. They have a red velvet cake crust, pink velvet cheesecake center then finished off with a white chocolate gooey ganache topping! Now if that isn’t love, then I don’t know what is.
Do you have big plans this Valentines Day? My husband and I have been married for 9 years this year and we really haven’t do anything real special. We like to get take out and sit at home and just enjoy each others company. This year we are making each other baskets for presents. Thanks to me last year I made him a huge basket full of all his favorite things, socks, candy, gift cards, chapstick, beef jerky, lotto tickets, etc. He absolutely loved it! So this year we aspire to do the same thing. He know’s I’m a big sweets gal so it shouldnt be too hard for him to figure something out.
Now if you want to show someone you really care, whip these delicious babies up! Even if it’s for your kids, your parents, your neighbors, a teacher even. I have never met someone who doesn’t love a dessert that has cheesecake in its name. I’m sure there are some out there, but I would highly question their judgement (totally kidding…maybe). So to sum it up…GO….MAKE….NOW!!
Layers of Love Cheesecake Bars
RED VELVET LAYER
- 1 box red velvet cake
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 egg
- 2 (8 opkg cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- A few drops of pink gel food coloring
WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 2 cups white chocolate baking chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 9"x13" pan with tin foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix together your red velvet cake mix, butter and egg in bowl and press into bottom of pan, set aside.
- In another bowl mix together your cream cheese and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add in 1 egg at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in your sour cream and vanilla.
- Add in your food coloring a little at a time until desired color is reached.
- Spread over the top of your red velvet layer.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until center of cheesecake is no longer jiggly and sides are just starting to brown.
- Cool to room temperature then refrigerate for 2 hours.
WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Add your chocolate chips to a bowl.
- In saucepan heat your cream until just boiling.
- Pour over the chocolate chips and cover for about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir until the chips are melted and smooth.
- Remove cheesecake from refrigerator and pour ganache over the top. Return to refirigerator to set.
- Cut and enjoy!