If you are a lover of biscuits and gravy, you’ll adore these Extreme Cheddar Biscuits and Gravy! Double the meat and triple the flavor!
Ok you guy’s…I’m a huge lover of Brinner. What’s that you may ask? Well its breakfast for dinner, brinner. We have it all the time since I’m a huge lover of omelettes and eggs that I want to eat that throughout the day most of the time that I can’ help myself.
One of our favorite breakfast foods is Biscuits and Gravy. I also believe that if you can cook, even to the littlest extent, biscuits and gravy is one thing that you should learn how to make!
Today, I’m going to take it up a notch and gie you Extreme Cheddar Biscuits and Gravy!
What makes it extreme? Well….normally with biscuits and gravy you have regular buttermilk biscuits (ok sometimes I cheat and use refrigerated) and sausage gravy.
Well these delicious pieces of heaven have double the meat AND cheddar biscuits! What?!?! MMM-HMMMMM, that’s right. Sausage patties top these cheesy delicious biscuits and then are slathered in even more sausage from the gravy! HEAVEN!
A little scared to make your own biscuits? These are super simple, I let my food processor do most of the work for me. The hardest part is trying to decide if you should make more biscuits out of the scraps of dough leftover from when you cut out the biscuit rounds or not!
So I urge you, keep this super simple recipe on hand for those times where dinner you happen to just have a hankering for breakfast!
Extreme Cheddar Biscuits and Gravy
- 2 lb pork sausage
- 2 cups all-purpose flour plus more for dusting
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 Tbs butter very cold
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 450°F.
- Combine the dry ingredients in the bowl of a food processor.
- Slice your butter into Tbs sized slices and add it to your flour mix and pulse a few times.
- Add the buttermilk and cheese and mix until it just comes together, mix will be on the wetter side.
- Flour a flat surface and tur out your dough onto it.
- Gently pat or roll the dough out until it's about 1/2" thick.
- Fold the dough in half about 5-6 times, patting out between each fold and folding the opposite direction each time.
- Using a biscuit cutter, cut into rounds.
- You can pat remaining dough out to create more biscuits if desired.
- Place the biscuits on a cookie sheet and ake for about 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
SAUSAGE PATTIES AND GRAVY
- Using about 1 lb of your sausage, shape into patties and fry in pan over medium high head until browned on either side, remove from pan to paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Meanwhile, in same pan crumble your other pound of sausage and cook.
- Add half your flour and cook for a minute or two until sausage soaks it up.
- Add remaining flour and continue to cook for another minute.
- Slowly whisk in your milk and continue to stir until it thickens.
- Add in desired amount of salt and pepper for your taste.
- To assemble cut or tear each biscuit in half and place sausage patty on bottom half, cover with gravy and top with other half of biscuit.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tornadough Alli is not a nutritionist or dietitian, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and nutritional value is important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and values can vary depending on which brands were used.Nutrition Disclaimer