Creamy chocolate ice cream swirled with chocolate ganache and Whoppers malted milk balls makes this Chocolate Malt Crunch Ice Cream a perfect summer treat!
Hi y’all! Meaghan here from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us, and I’m so happy to be back here for the second time guest posting while Alli’s on vacation.
As the name implies, I’m a busy Mom doing my best to raise my four boys. Sometimes that’s easier said than done, just as some days are easier than others. I’m sure we all know exactly what I’m talking about. I love those little devils, but they’re also the reason I have gray hair.
Chocolate Malt Crunch Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Scant half cup of semi sweet chocolate chips melted
- 1/4 cup chocolate malt powder we used Ovaltine
- 1 cup malted milk balls roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
FOR THE GANACHE
- Use a double boiler over medium heat to melt the chocolate and cream together, stirring until smooth and evenly incorporated. Turn the heat to low, stirring occasionally until ready to use.
FOR THE ICE CREAM
- Add the whipped cream to the bowl of a stand mixer, use the whisk attachment to whip it on medium speed until stiff peaks form, about 2-3 minutes.In a separate mixing bowl, add the melted chocolate chips, chocolate malt powder, and condensed milk. Working quickly, whisk all the ingredients together until evenly incorporated and the mixture's smooth. Use a spatula to fold in the whipped cream until everything's evenly combined. Stir in the chopped candy.
- Into a meatloaf pan, add 1/2 of the ice cream mixture. Use a spoon to drizzle half of the ganache over the ice cream mixture. Add the remaining ice cream mixture and repeat with the chocolate. Freeze for four hours or until firm.
- Let the ice cream sit a minute, to soften, before scooping and serving.