This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweetnSaltyHoliday #CollectiveBias
Ooey gooey caramel and chocolate covered potato chips make up the center of these absolutely addicting Chocolate Covered Potato Chip Caramel Bars.
Have you guy’s been having fun with all these delicious Christmas posts that have been around literally everywhere? There are some seriously, seriously creative ideas out there! I can’t believe some of the utterly delicious stuff that people are able to come up with!
When I think of Christmastime I think of all the confections. That’s really what we focus on the most this time of year. Getting together as a family and baking up a storm. One tradition that we have is getting my aunt, mom and grandma (when she was alive) together and making our traditional Norweigian lefse! Seriously, so amazing.
When you think of Christmas, what comes to mind for delicious desserts for you? Me its cookies and bars. Like these sweet and salty Chocolate Covered Potato Chip Caramel Bars. I gave a spin on a fun classic bar and added delicious Milk Chocolate Wavy Lays to the center!
These Milk Chocolate Wavy Lays are back in stores for a limited time and just in time for the holidays! You can find Way Lays in 3 amazing flavors, Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate and new for 2016 Milk Chocolate Covered with Almond Bits. Seriously you guys, you need to try these. If you’re a fan of salty and sweet even in the slightest, these are a must this season!
So let’s talk about these bad boys a second. Raise your hand if you love caramel *raises hand*, now raise your hand if you love chocolate *raises hand*. Well how about taking those two things and shoving them right in the middle of an already delicious bar, creating a chocolatey, caramel, crunchy and creamy center? It’s like a flavor and texture explosion in your mouth!
Oh and another thing about these bars that might suck you in, they are stinking easy! I mean easy! Those are the best recipes right? The ones that don’t take a lot of work, but in the end taste like they took forever to make? Well my friends, these Chocolate Covered Potato Chip Caramel bars are just that!
We bake up a storm for the holidays and when I can find easier but tasty recipes I’m almost always sold. That means that there is just more that I can make…which could be dangerous. But my family knows that I love creating gift baskets every year and include a huge variety of different treats to try. Plus a lot of the stuff is amazing for freezing.
So if you’re looking for a fun, utterly delicious and easy recipe to take to a holiday gathering, to have at your annual Christmas Eve/Day dinner or to simply give in a holiday goodie box these Chocolate Covered Potato Chip Caramel Bars are a favorite that are as easy to make as they are to inhale.
I found these Chocolate Wavy Lays at Target in the seasonal section next to all the other holiday food gift items! What are some fun treats you’d make using these addicting potato chips this season?
Gooey caramel and chocolate covered potato chips make up the center of these soft and crumbly holiday treats!
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- Heaping 3/4 cup caramel bits
- 3 Tbs heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Sea salt
- 1 bag Milk Chocolate Wavy Lays crushed
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Spray and line a 9"x9" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and parchment paper, set aside.
- In large bowl combine your butter and both sugars and with mixer beat until combined.
- Add your vanilla and continue to mix until incorporated.
- Lastly add your flour and blend until smooth.
- Press about 1/3 of your dough into the bottom of your prepared pan (place remaining dough in refrigerator) and bake for about 20 minutes or until edges are just starting to turn golden, remove from oven to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile to make your filling in sauce pan melt your caramel, heavy cream and vanilla together until smooth.
- Sprinkle your Milk Chocolate Wavy Lays over the top of the crust and then drizzle and spread your caramel over that. Sprinkle desired amount of salt over the top of caramel.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and crumble over the top of your caramel and return to oven for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Remove and cool slightly before cutting.