Creamy, cheesy and filled with delicious bbq pork this BBQ Pulled Pork Macaroni and Cheese is a quick and easy dinner recipe that the whole family will love.
Do you ever have those day’s where you just lack inspiration on what to write? Yeah, today is one of those days for me. I am just soooooo beyond happy that it is Friday.
My new phone comes in the mail today, I got myself a new DSLR camera I need to learn to use, but just no time to do any of it! So I feel like today calls for some comfort food. Whats more comforting than Mac and Cheese? BBQ Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese!
So we’ve been making this recipe for a few years now and my husband absolutely adores it. It’s a treat when I feel like actually making some pork and shredding it just for this. So usually he get’s this when we have left over pork.
You could certainly make this mac and cheese with the store-bought pulled pork, yet I haven’t done that. It would also taste amazing with shredded beef as well. The possibilities are endless. All I know is that this is a creamy, BBQ-y pot of love right here.
Now getting back to my lack of inspiration. I just want to leave you here so you can drool over this all weekend long….yearning to make it. I know that is what I’m doing right now, shhhhh don’t tell my husband, this just may be a late Valentines gift for him.
Usually he will eat half the pan, so I feel bad for my kids when they don’t get any because daddy felt like he needed to be a pig….which is totally acceptable, like I said its comfort food, that’s what you’re supposed to do with comfort food! ENJOY!!
BBQ Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese
- 1 16 oz box spiral pasta
- 2 cups shredded pork
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup BBQ sauce your favorite kind
- Panko bread crumbs
- 3 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Once cooked put in casserole dish.
- In bowl mix your shredded pork and BBQ sauce and heat until warm.
- Stir BBQ pork into pasta.
- To make sauce, in medium sauce pan heat your butter until melted and wisk in your flour.
- Slowly stir in milk and simmer until it starts to thicken.
- Once thickened, stir in your cheese until melted.
- Stir sauce into pasta (at this time I like to add a little more BBQ sauce for good measure) until combined and add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Sprinkle top with panko bread crumbs until covered.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Turn on broiler and heat for a minute or two until top is nice and crispy.
- Serve and enjoy!