This creamy Bananas Foster Rice Pudding is a great quick and easy dessert option full of caramel sauce and sautéed bananas, perfect for your busy schedule!
It’s back-to-school time! My kids don’t start until after labor day, but that doesn’t mean that we aren’t already prepping for when things get super busy around here. We are all about those quick, easy yet delicious meals that get the kids fed fast and keep them full!
Once school starts, activities beyond activities start taking over our lives. We get a little 6 week lull in the Summer time when we don’t have any sports and can just relax. What better way to spend that time then finding some quick and delicious meals and treats to prepare ourselves for this back-to-school season!
Who say’s rice has to just be for dinner. We absolutely love making this quick and easy version of Bananas Foster Rice Pudding for a no-fuss dessert or snack. Thanks to Success® Boil-in-Bag Rice which is conveniently packaged in premeasured colander-style bags, it’s gluten-free, non GMO and versatile. Hence the quick and easy aspect of this great week-night recipe!
I was introduced to rice pudding a few years ago when I decided to make it for my mom on her Birthday. Can you believe that I had never tried it before then?! I don’t know why I didn’t, this stuff is absolutely amazing. What’s even better is that my kids love it! You can have it hot or cold which makes it a great option to either be served right away or later on!
You start with using Success® Jasmine Rice which you quickly boil up and is ready in under 10 minutes. It has a sweet buttery fragrance and has silky smooth grains. This rice is great in Asian and Middle Eastern dishes as well as mainstream recipes like I have done with this Bananas Foster Rice Pudding!
Once your rice is all boiled up you add it to a pan with some milk and sugar and heat for about 10-15 minutes until thickened. Stir in some butter, milk, egg and vanilla then top it all off with a delicious and even quicker Bananas Fosters Sauce. Seriously, can rice pudding get any easier…or tastier? It’s an amazing dessert under 30 minutes, no frills, simple ingredients AND kid-friendly!
Success® Rice comes in 4 different varieties including Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice, White Rice as well as globally inspired fragrant Thai Jasmine and Basmanti, something for everyone. If you’re looking for amazing ways to use these rice’s check out the Recipe Club for hundreds of recipes, deals and more!!
Bananas Foster Rice Pudding
- 2 bags Success® Jasmine Rice
- 2 1/2 cup milk divided
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
BANANAS FOSTER SAUCE
- 5 Tbs butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large banana sliced diagonally
- Boil your Success® Jasmine Rice according to package directions.
- Once cooked, add to medium saucepan along with 1 1/2 cup milk and your sugar.
- Heat on medium for about 10-15 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile in pan, melt your butter. Once melted stir in your brown sugar, vanilla and cook for a few minutes until bubbly.
- Toss in your bananas and cook a minute or so longer to caramelize them, turn heat down to low.
- Once rice is thickened, stir in your remaining milk and egg and cook for a few more minutes until creamy.
- Remove from heat and stir in your butter and vanilla.
- Serve immediately or later topped with your Bananas Foster Sauce.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.