Hey everyone! We are finally back from our trip. I hope you all enjoyed the guest posts from some of my favorite blogging friends. I want to extend a huge thank you to the for stepping in for me while we were gone. Speaking of that, I never did tell you much about it. We went and visited the beautiful towns of Savannah, Georgia and St. Augustine, Florida. Absolutely stunning if I may say myself. It was my kids first trip they ever took and just seeing their faces when they saw the ocean for the first time was the best thing ever.
BUT it is so nice to be back home. Literally not even 8 hours after being home I baked. I missed it so bad. Shame on me….27 hours of straight driving (did I mention I hate flying) and I don’t get rest but I bake. Shows some true dedication there! I did end up going to bed early but still a little car lagged today…if thats even a thing. Driving was beautiful but don’t recommend ever driving straight that many hours. Exhausting, still playing catch up.
Anywho, since Christmas and New Year’s is literally right around the corner I thought I’d hook you guys up with my most favorite dip EVER! Now rarely do I make the same dip twice….let alone at least once a month. This is one of those that I could eat daily if I had the opportunity. Creamy, cheesy, meaty and chalked full of mushrooms, um yes please.
This is stuffed mushrooms in dip version. Seriously the most amazing alternative you will find out there. I am so addicted to stuffed mushrooms but don’t always like having to go through the hassle of stuffing them. This dip does it for me. Combine it all together in a baking dish and hit it at 350 for 25 minutes and you are golden.
So in the next few days I highly recommend running out, grabbing these ingredients and getting your butt in the kitchen and whipping this up. Your belly, and your guests will absolutely adore you…if not then you can come back here and berate me on how I led you wrong. But trust me, that wont be happening any time soon. Enjoy!
- 1 (16 oz) pkg white mushrooms
- 1 lb italian or pork sausage
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 cups cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Finely chop your mushrooms and onions.
- In large skillet cook your sausage over medium heat, when sausage is halfway done add your onions and mushrooms and cook.
- Season with garlic salt and pepper.
- Turn heat to low and add your cream cheese and stir until meled.
- Stir in your mayo and then add 2/3 of the cheese.
- Spread into a 9x9" baking pan and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until dip is bubbling and golden.
- Serve with baguette or crackers.