Crunchy and bite sized these Taco Wonton Cups are a quick and easy appetizer for any time of day.
So here we are approaching the end of the year. 2016 has really flown by. I have accomplished a lot of what I was wanting to this year. But in reality I honestly didn’t set any real big goals for myself. I’m still a little fish in a big pond but my blog and I have grown so much in this year alone. Next year we will be turning two and there will be some fun things in store.
There’s nothing I like better than ringing in a new year or sending out an old one like munching on millions….ok that is a little over kill, tons of appetizers. These Taco Wonton Cups are one of my all time favorites!
So I may have just the slightest addiction to guacamole. I mean really it’s just the slightest, nothing to worry about….I only could eat a whole bowl of the stuff with a spoon. That’s really weird right? Yeah I though so.
I honestly don’t know why I have this overwhelming love for guacamole but it’s there and I’ll just have to embrace it. These Taco Wonton Cups are full of beefy, cheesy goodness and then topped off with some of the good ole green stuff.
If you fancy yourself a little kick, these delicious little bites also have some spicy but ever so good pico de gallo mixed right in, oh an I suppose topped off as well. It’s a complete package I tell ya.
Besides the amazing flavor of these, you better know what I love most. Any guesses??? Ok ok ok, you give up….it’s that they are easy easy easy!! Wow I just noticed that I’m repeating myself a lot. Ah, I’m just so excited about these.
Ok, enough is enough. Let’s gather what we know about these Taco Wonton Cups. They are beefy, cheesy, quick and easy. And most importantly delicious. So I encourage you, for your next get together or game night give these bad boys a try!
Crunchy wonton shell is filled with a cheesy, beefy center and topped with cheese and baked until bubbly!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup plus more for garnish pico de gallo, homemade or store bought
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Guacamole optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In skillet brown your ground beef until no longer pink, drain.
- Add in your taco seasoning and stir until distributed, stir in your pico de gallo and 1 cup cheese and mix until melted, set aside.
- Spray a 24-count mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and place wonton wrappers in wells of each.
- Spoon a little of ground beef mixture in each wonton wrapper until they are all filled, then sprinkle with remaining cheese
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with guacamole, cilantro and pico de gallo.