Tender, juicy and delicious this Swedish Meatballs recipe is a family recipe that has been passed down from generation to generation always being a favorite!
This Swedish Meatballs recipe has been my absolute favorite recipe since I was a kid. It is now my husband’s favorite recipe and we almost never eat another one. It took me many years to perfect my moms version and finally I have it! And I hope that you will love it just as much as we do!
WHAT IS DIFFERENT ABOUT SWEDISH MEATBALLS?
Swedish Meatballs are traditionally served in a “gravy” type sauce. They are combined of either ground beef or a mixture of ground beef and pork. We use all ground beef for our recipe. It is also made with breadcrumbs, milk, eggs and some seasoning.
WHAT DO YOU SERVE WITH SWEDISH MEATBALLS?
That is a question that is pretty much left up to the eater. We usually serve our Swedish Meatballs recipe over mashed potatoes or egg noodles. But pretty much any side dish that you love that goes with ground beef will do! Steamed carrots, corn, salad. The sky is the limit for serving, but we love something starchy to add our gravy sauce over.
CAN YOU FREEZE SWEDISH MEATBALLS?
It’s doubtful that you will have any leftovers but yes you can freeze Swedish Meatballs! Divide the meatballs and gravy into airtight containers and you can freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat it is best to thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then reheat in a pan, you’ll want to thin the sauce with water as needed as cream sauces thicken after they are frozen.
So if you’re looking for that delicious go-to weeknight recipe to feed the whole family these Swedish Meatballs are just what you need! The flavor is amazing and they are super simple. We bake ours to save some time and energy on the cooktop, but you can pan fry if you desire.
Other quick and easy recipes you may enjoy are these Bourbon Shrimp, One Pot Creamy Sausage Gnocchi and Instant Pot Chicken Caesar Sandwiches!
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 Tbs parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl mix together your ground beef, minced onion, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, egg and milk.
- Shape into meatballs and place onto non-stick cooking pan.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until no longer pink.
- Reserve the grease from the pan and pour it into a large saute pan.
- Heat over medium heat and stir in your flour, paprika, salt and pepper and let thicken and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add in your boiling water and sour cream and whisk to combine and thicken for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in your meatballs and cover and let simmer on low for about 5-10 minutes.
Leave a Reply