Loaded with peanut butter and chocolatey goodness these Reese’s Overload Bars are your new go hand held treat for morning, noon or night!e your new go hand help treat!
So I have a sweets addiction…gee like you can already tell right? I mean my blog is plastered with all things cake and sugar and chocolate that I mean even someone who doesn’t know me could clearly tell.
Besides cake I think bars and brownies are my next favorite treat. I mean what’s not to like about a dessert that doesn’t require a fork?! Um, hello hand me over all of those please, I’ll take two dozen. Just like I’ll take the same for these Reese’s Overload Bars!
I’m a huge lover of all things peanut butter and chocolate. I mean they technically are the classic match made in heaven, amiright? That’s pretty much what I thought. This iconic duo has been going strong form many many years, why mess with perfection?
So I decided to take one of our favorite cookie bar recipes and twist it and make it even more delicious using one of our all time favorite candies. Well technically we have about 2-3 different types of candies in these Reese’s Overload Bars…hence overload.
With a classic chocolate chip cookie base these bars are then loaded with Reese’s Peanut Butter Baking Chips, Reese’s Mini Pieces AND chopped up Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups!! Can you say delicious time 1 million?
And if that’s not enough chocolate and peanut butter for you I made the perfect candy shell topping from chocolate chips and peanut butter all melted together and spread on top. Can you say drool? Because I sure can.
These Reese’s Overload Bars are the perfect bake sale treat, potluck sweet or after school (or late night) snack!! Trust me, go run and MAKE NOW!! Trust me, you’re inner child will thank you!
Reese's Overload Bars
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups Reese's Peanut Butter baking chips
- 1 bag Reese's Mini Pieces
- 1 cup chopped Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tbs peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Spray a 12"x17 or 15"x10" baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- In bowl whisk together your butter, brown sugar and regular sugar.
- Add your eggs and vanilla and continue to mix until well blended.
- Add in your flour, salt and baking soda into the butter mix until just combined.
- Fold in your baking chips, mini pieces and mini peanut butter cups until incorporated.
- Spread onto baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes or until edges are just starting to get done, they will finish cooking when removed.
- Let cool.
- Meanwhile in bowl melt together your chocolate chips and peanut butter, pour and spread over cooled bars.
- Let set for about 15 minutes or until hardened.
- Cut and serve!