An easy, spreadable, adaptable recipe this Homemade Jalapeno Lime Butter whips up in minutes and compliments everything.
Have you ever made your own butter before? Seriously don’t hold back. It may seem like a daunting task but it is seriously super super easy! Like you wouldn’t even realize how simple it can be.
There are so many different ways that you can make your homemade butter, but I like to make mine in my food processor. It just works the best for me, but you can make it in a stand mixer as well as in a mason jar if you have the arms for it!
So we start with some cold cream and whip that up. After a few minutes it becomes whipped cream. Keep mixing. Around the 8-10 minute mark you’ll hear a noticable difference in the way your food processor sounds and your butter will have separated.
Another benefit of making homemade butter is you get the delicious buttermilk, and you’ll want to keep that stuff because…baking of course!! When I can get some fresh buttermilk along with fresh butter, I’m sold.
So after your butter separates then you drain it and rinse it a few times to get the extra buttermilk out. Then you mix in your flavors. We were craving some jalapeno lime this time so it happened. You can switch up with so many delicious flavors that the world is your oyster.
So now that you know how super easy it is to make Homemade Jalapeno Lime Butter you have to go make your own in 10 mins, yes!! You’ll thank me later. Plus who doesn’t want to brag about being able to make their own homemade butters? Everyone thinks that they are so hard but as you can see they are super simple and flavorful!
Homemade Jalapeno Lime Butter
- 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp salt , divided
- 1/2 cup ice cold water , divided
- 1/2 jalapeno , diced
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tsp lime juice
- In food processor add your heavy cream and 1 tsp salt and blend for about 10 minutes or until butter separates.
- Pour your butter and buttermilk through a strainer to strain out the milk pressing down your butter with spatula to squeeze out any excess.
- Return butter chunks to food processor and add 1/4 cup ice cold water and pulse for about 10 seconds, drain and repeat once more.
- Add you butter to bowl and mix in your jalapeño, remaining salt, lime zest and lime juice and mix until combined.
- Roll up in parchment paper and refrigerate until usage.
Tornadough Alli is not a nutritionist or dietitian, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and nutritional value is important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and values can vary depending on which brands were used.Nutrition Disclaimer