This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DelightfulMoments #CollectiveBias
Delight in the Holiday season with this Gingerbread Roll with Sugar Cookie Buttercream. A delicious twist on a traditional treat that the whole family will enjoy.
The Holidays have always been a time of joy for our family. Growing up every Holiday we would get together with family, we would travel to them, they would travel to us, but no matter what we were always together to celebrate and enjoy each others company.
Making all the cookies, pies, cakes and treats that Christmas time has to offer was my most favorite pastime. Strapping on my little apron to help my mom, aunts and grandma bake up a storm, making sure that we had plenty to go around. My dad coming in sneaking cookie dough from the bowl and my mom shooing him away. Bringing grandpa the freshly baked cookies that I was so proud of having helped make.
Sadly those family members have moved away, or we have lost a few of them, but the tradition continues now that I’m all grown up and have a family of my own. With 4 kids, there will never be a holiday where I don’t include them in on baking with mom and the tradition I once enjoyed.
One of my most favorite flavors for this time of year is gingerbread. So obviously I NEEDED some in my life. And what is Christmas without a cake roll? Hello….may I introduce you to the Gingerbread Roll with Sugar Cookie Buttercream! This buttercream is made with International Delight® Sugar Cookie Coffee Creamer, and let me tell you…this is the most delicious buttercream I have EVER tasted. No lie.
International Delight® is the perfect addition to my morning cup of joe, not to mention this year it is helping me continue the tradition of the holiday baking with my kids. I started our baking expedition with the deliciously flavorful International Delight® Salted Caramel Mocha in my coffee, oh yes salted caramel and mocha are a true match made in heaven. But then again I may be biased, I’m a little bit addicted to anything salted caramel.
The two flavor combos of gingerbread and sugar cookie literally play so well together. You have a little spicy kick from the gingerbread and a sweet mellowness from the sugar cookie buttercream that balances each other out perfectly. Plus, the kids absolutely love this! The Sugar Cookie creamer is one of the best creamers I’ve ever tasted, not only in my coffee, but baked in all sorts of things as well. GO HURRY, BUY NOW!
My kids have never made a cake roll before so it was fun making this with them. They were so intrigued by the whole process of baking, rolling and cooling. There little hands love to dig in and get messy when it comes to baking with mom and they really found this Gingerbread Roll with Sugar Cookie Buttercream to be the best of the weekend!
It really is nice to be able to make memories and continue on doing something with my own kids that was so near and dear to my heart when I was a kid. I’m so glad that International Delight® helped me give my kids their first fun experience in making a Gingerbread Roll that now they constantly as me to make all sorts! I can just think of some fun flavors to come up with next!
You can find these delicious International Delight® Coffee Creamers at your local Walmart in the refrigerated dairy section! You don’t want to miss out on all the seasonal and long lasting flavors that International Delight® has to offer! What flavors are your faves and what creative recipe ideas do you have using them?
- 3 eggs room temperature and separated
- 1 Tbs butter melted
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 3 Tbs honey
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup International Delight® Sugar Cookie Coffee Creamer
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a 10"x15" jelly roll pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In bowl beat your egg yolks until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in your butter, molasses and honey.
- In another bowl beat your egg whites until they start to become frothy, then slowly add your sugar in while continuing to beat until stiff peaks form and sugar is incorporated. Fold into your egg yolk mixture and set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together your flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves until blended and stir into your wet mixture until combined.
- Pour into jelly roll pan and spread out.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until cake springs back when touched, remove from oven and let cool slightly in pan.
- Meanwhile, place a kitchen towel on counter top and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Remove cake from pan and place on top of powdered sugar, peel off the parchment paper.
- Gently roll your cake up in the towel starting at the short end, once rolled, set aside to cool completely.
- To make your buttercream in bowl beat together your butter and shortening.
- Add your powdered sugar one cup at a time until combined, slowly add your International Delight® Sugar Cookie Coffee Creamer until you reach your desired consistency.
- Once cake has cooled, unroll and spread with buttercream, roll back up and place on serving plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.