These Cheesecake Stuffed Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes are a moist and delicious blueberry cupcake, stuffed with a creamy cheesecake filling and topped with a light lemon buttercream frosting.
You guys, I feel like it’s been forever since I posted a cupcake recipe! How can I ever neglect my oh so beloved cupcakes! I think I’ve been more focused on regular cakes to focus on these handheld delectable treats.
I remember getting into a debate with a friend about what was better, cupcakes or cake. She believed cupcakes while I believe cake. Cake she said was something you had to share, I disagreed. But I have since came around and I believe that cupcakes and cake are on the same level.
But oh boy…these Cheesecake Stuffed Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes take it to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL. You see some cupcakes where the cheesecake is baked into it, well..these aren’t those. It’s pretty much a no-bake cheesecake frosting buried deep inside these bad boys.
Add yourself some delectable tart blueberries to the cake, top it with some light and fluffy lemon buttercream and you have yourself a seriously, seriously delicious dessert. I can’t even begin to tell you how much we all loved these.
Did you know that there are people out there who don’t like frosting. Yeah, it’s true. I don’t trust those people. My husband is one of them…well he is more or less the I’ll have a little bit, but scrape off the rest. While I’m the load it on baby, the more frosting the better. It’s weird how we ever connected.
There are also people out there that aren’t the biggest blueberry fans either. Take me for example…I like blueberries certain ways. In muffins, coffe cakes, cupcakes, cakes…I’m all for them.
In a sauce or glaze…meh, I can pass on that. I’m not sure if it’s just the way they are cooked, but I’m not giving up on myself, I will come out in the end loving EVERYTHING blueberry.
So…how about we just get onto this delicious recipe now shall we?
Cheesecake Stuffed Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes
- 1 stick butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup blueberries
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 Tbs butter softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- Lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a 12 count muffin tin with paper liners, set aside.
- In large bowl with handheld mixer cream together your butter and sugar. Add in your eggs and vanilla, set aside.
- In bowl mix together your flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In small bowl, whisk together your sour cream, milk, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Alternate adding your flour mixture and milk mixture into your butter, thoroughly mixing after each addition, making sure not to over mix.
- Gently fold into your blueberries then fill your paper liners about 2/3 the way full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool on wire rack.
- To make your cheesecake filling mix together your cream cheese and butter until combined, add your vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Once cupcakes are cooled, hollow out a piece of each of your cupcakes and spoon about 1 Tbs of the cheesecake mixture into the center.
- To make your buttercream in bowl mix together your butter and shortening until light and fluffy. Add in your lemon juice and mix until incorporated.
- One cup at a time add your powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
- Using a large star tip, pipe your buttercream over the tops of your cupcakes. Sprinkle with lemon zest and top with blueberry.
I’m making these without the blueberries, just because for me that seems more like a muffin. Maybe there’s no difference? Anyway, there are 18 cupcakes and 7 minis in the oven from a single recipe right now. Maybe I don’t fill mine as much?? Thanks for this luscious recipe. After zesting the lemon in, I cut it open and used the juice. Easy peasy.
Do leftovers have to refrigerated because of the cream cheese center?
This recipe looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing.
The Better Baker
These are gorgeous…JUST GORGEOUS. I can almost taste them. I’m wild about cream cheese anything, and the flavor combo of lemon and blueberries is such a winner. Thanks a million for sharing with us at Weekend Potluck.
These look amazing! I love a lemon blueberry combo!! Pinned for later!
Alli, these are glorious! Blueberries & cream cheese, and they’re so darling, too!
These cupcakes look amazing – blueberries and cream cheese how can I ask for more.
Anything stuffed with cheesecake has to be amazing! Happy Foodie FriDIY!
Perfect! Blueberries and lemon are the perfect combination! Just love these! 😀
Thanks so much Juliana!
Jenna @ A Savory Feast
Ok, WOW! These cupcakes are so pretty, and they sound super yummy too. So many of my favorite words in one dessert… cheesecake + lemons + blueberries + frosting + CUPCAKES! I have got to make these.
Thanks Jenna!! These certainly have major sweets appeal!!
Pile up the frosting, baby! I’ll eat Jessica’s too… though the fact she scrapes it off does move her to the slightly suspect list. I’ll eat your blueberry sauce too. I’m not too proud to take what you ladies are scraping off! 😉
Haha frosting = heaven to me like literally.
Jessica @ Together As Family
These look incredible! I hate to admit it but I am actually one of those weird people that don’t like frosting! I always scrape mine off on cupcakes and cakes. I like some frosting, like a light layer on top of the cake but not piled on. But still, these look amazing! Love it.
I’ll take yours. Heck I’ll eat it straight out the bowl!