Quick and easy, this Chicken Salad recipe is filled with grapes, almonds and green onions which make it burst with flavor in each bite. It is the perfect anytime meal.
When it comes to Chicken Salad, I am SUPER picky. I like certain flavors when it comes to things such as macaroni salads, egg salads and especially chicken salads.
We have been making this for many many years, when I first published this recipe in 2016 it was really underrated. We all have those recipes on our sites that we love and feel like deserve more attention, this is one of them.
This is the only Chicken Salad recipe I make and I have duped it The Best Chicken Salad. While I know there are a lot of people out there claiming to be the best, in my own personal opinion this one is.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS:
- Super simple ingredients go into this recipe, making it ready to be served in less than an hour that includes cooking the chicken and chilling the salad.
- Fresh ingredients go in this salad recipe. With a mixture of grapes, green onions and almonds, you really cannot go wrong when it comes to this.
- It can be served so many ways, on a croissant, bread, in a tortilla, in a lettuce wrap, stand alone. There is no limits on how you can serve this either as a salad or a sandwich!
The combination of ingredients in the recipe give you a creamy, crunchy, savory, sweet all in one simple Chicken Salad recipe. It really is such an easy and delicious one, trust me.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN SALAD, STEP BY STEP:
- Cook and shred your chicken and add it to a large bowl, you can also chop your chicken instead of shredding if you desire.
- Add in your mayo and stir until everything is combined.
- Add in your green onions, minced dried onion, garlic salt, brown sugar, salt, pepper, grapes and almonds.
- Stir until everything is combined evenly and cover and let chill for about 3o minutes before serving.
This recipe really didn’t really need to be explained, this Chicken Salad is just super simple to whip up. We love adding the brown sugar because it really balances the saltiness from the other ingredients.
HOW TO STORE CHICKEN SALAD:
This recipe can be placed in any airtight container such as a zip top bag or a Tupperware container and should keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.
We don’t recommend freezing this recipe, mayonnaise is one of those ingredients that doesn’t freeze well because of what it consists of.
What we recommend is you can mix all your other ingredients together and put it in an airtight container and when ready to serve defrost and then mix in your mayonnaise.
CAN I USE MIRACLE WHIP?
Absolutely, there are people out there who have there personal preferences when it comes to mayo or miracle whip, trust me my family is one of them.
I prefer mayo in some things and miracle whip in others, but we have made this Chicken Salad with both mayo and miracle whip and they work out flavor wise either way.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING CHICKEN SALAD:
- You can technically use any chicken you want, canned, rotisserie or chicken breasts that have been boiled or grilled.
- You can choose to either shred or dice your chicken, depending on how you like your texture.
- As stated above you can use miracle whip or mayo in this chicken salad recipe.
- Any color grapes can be used, we prefer red/purple grapes for this recipe.
- You can use sliced or slivered almonds, again depending on your texture you like.
This Chicken Salad recipe is a really delicious and healthier option that you will love! One of those staple salads that you want to keep around on your menu for sure.
If you like this recipe you might also like:
If you’ve tried this CHICKEN SALAD or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and what shenanigans I’m getting into!
The Best Chicken Salad
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1/2-3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 Tbs minced dried onion
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 3 Tbs brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped grapes, red or purple
- 1/3 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- In bowl mix your chicken and mayo together until combined.
- Add in your remaining ingredients and adjust taste to liking.
- Let cool until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Serve how desired, on bread, croissants, lettuce wraps, tortillas, etc.
ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED MARCH, 2016
This really was the BEST chicken salad recipe. The entire family loved it
Love this recipe but always add finely chopp
ed celery to mine. Like the crunch that the celery brings to this.
So yummy! I wasn’t sure about the brown sugar when I first read the recipe but it’s so good! I also added a teaspoon of stone ground mustard for a little zing to balance out the sweetness.
I love adding the brown sugar, I know somewhat untraditional but goes so well with this. I’ll have to try it with the mustard!
Wow! Looks cool! I’ll make something like this for tomorrow. Should be a good idea for lunch.
Petra @ CrumblesAndKale
This looks so fab – I love the grapes, such a different combination but it sounds amazing!
This looks so yummy! I am always looking for a great chicken salad recipe. Pinning this to try soon!
I love the idea of the sugar but have never tried it! Next time!! Happy THrowback Thursday, Alli!
ohhh h – This does look amazing!! I’d love it if you’d share on the “What’s for Dinner” link party! http://www.lazygastronome.com/1998-2/
This looks like a delicious chicken salad recipe. I love the grapes and almonds. This will be great for a spring time lunch very soon. Thanks for sharing your recipes with us at Snickerdoodle Sunday. Pinned and Tweeted.
Kristina & Millie
this recipe for the best chicken salad brings back some wonderful summer memories! I haven’t had this style of chicken salad in years and I don’t know why! Thanks for the recipe!
I love a good chicken salad recipe! Thanks for sharing.
This looks sooooo delicious – I love putting grapes and nuts in my chicken salad too! Thanks for sharing this Alli
Thanks girl!! My go to salad for sure.
That looks so delicious!
Jenn @ The Art of Better
This looks amazing! I’ve never added brown sugar or garlic salt to my chicken salad but I’m def. going to try it now. I might try dried cranberries instead of grapes, too. Pinned! Also, off topic, I LOVE how bright and colorful your background is.
The salty sweet combo really makes this chicken salad. Dried cranberries would be awesome in his for sure!