Who doesn’t love a quick and easy grab and go breakfast the kids can enjoy? These Strawberry Banana Granola Bars are a delicious option!
Ok you guy’s school starts in just over 1 week here in Minnesota. I know some of you have already been back for a few weeks now, and I think my kids are actually getting excited to go back! I know it’s weird but I think they are itching to see their friends!
One thing that we really focus on during this back-to-school season is quick and easy meals. What’s even better with all the sports and after school activities that we have going on is not only be quick and easy, but grab and go is even better. These Strawberry Banana Granola Bars are just that!
My boy’s are obsessed with granola bars, always have been. Who wouldn’t! But I hate always having to buy box after box after box to just keep up with how many they go though! So I figured a while back to make my own and that’s what I’ve been doing since!
We absolutely adore Bob’s Red Mill Oats, all their oats are kiln roasted to give the a delicious wholesome flavor. They are also incredibly versatile whole grain and you can make so so so many things from them. One option being these Strawberry Banana Granola Bars which use the quick cooking rolled oat version of Bob’s Red Mill Oats.
So the process to these are really very simple. You start by layering 2 1/2 cups of your oats on a sheet pan and popping them in the oven for about 10-15 minutes giving them a little crispness, then let them cool.
Then you mix together some banana, honey, brown sugar, vanilla, butter and bananas. Heat that all up until it’s melted and combined and pour it over your toasted oats. Lastly before you press them into your pan you fold in your chopped strawberry bits…strawberry and banana? Um, I say yes!
I don’t know how your kids are, but mine adore those “chocolate dipped” kind of granola bars, so I gave these babies a little dip in some white chocolate to finish them off. Seriously, it give it a little sweet taste behind each bite that makes me (and the kids obviously) craving more and more.
In all honesty I have to admit, sleeping is where my sanity lies. I have 4 kids an I’m up late at night to get my “mom time” so to speak. So we are one of those families that get’s everything ready the night before and like to sleep until the last-minute and get up, get ready and head out the door. These Strawberry Banana Granola Bars let me do just that.
They are a flavor packed, easy, quick breakfast treat that my kids wont and don’t complain about when we want something before they get out of the house and on the bus! They are packed with oats which are rich in dietary fiber and help reduce cholesterol. Bananas and the diced strawberries give you that flavor punch and the added sweetness from the white chocolate give it a great flavor balance.
Our go-to oats are the Bob’s Red Mill Quick Cooking Rolled Oats, right now you are able to print of this coupon for some great savings for your next trip to the store to pick up your favorite version! What are some easy, quick and versatile breakfasts that your kids will be eating this school year?
- 2 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill Quick Cooking Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, diced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 over ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup diced dried and sweetened strawberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or candy melts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line an 8"x8" (thinner bars) or bread loaf pan (thicker bars) with tin foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- On sheet pan spread your oats and bake in oven for 10-15 minutes, mixing half way through.
- Remove from oven and place in a medium sized bowl.
- In medium saucepan add your honey, butter, brown sugar, vanilla and bananas.
- Heat over medium heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over your oats and mix until combined, fold in your diced strawberries.
- Press into prepared pan, cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours or until set.
- Remove from refrigerator and cut into desired sized bars.
- Meanwhile, in a square or flat bottomed container melt your white chocolate/candy melts according to package directions.
- Dip the tops of your bars into the white chocolate and set aside to harden.
- Serve and enjoy!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.