It’s Friday. It’s finally Friday! One more day til the weekend. I’m super excited for tomorrow! Tomorrow I am leaving for a much-needed girls weekend with one of my favorite people! We are going to the Twin Cities and getting a hotel and just hanging. Obviously there will be lots of shopping with the Mall of America being a main hub that we always go to. But I want to find those hole in the wall places! Bakeries, antique stores. You name it, but I couldn’t end this week without sending you off with something sweet. With St. Patrick’s Day being right around the corner these Mint Cheesecake and Oreo Trifles are the perfect way to awaken your inner leprechaun!
One thing I learned while making this dessert, don’t ask your husband to help you name it. Seriously….just no. I always thought my husband was the more creative one in this relationship but that proved to be not entirely true, at least not when it comes to word play. I’ll just leave it at that…although what he came up with was exceptionally positive, unfortunately it lacked appropriate blog etiquette. Men I tell ya!
We loved this dessert. Mint is such a refreshing flavor that isn’t utilized a lot and I love when I get the chance to make it happen. I mean it’s St. Patty’s Day. What flavor goes better with green than mint? So these bad boy’s are layered with crushed up Oreo cookies, mint no bake cheesecake and whipped cream. Um, yes please!!
Running short on time? Simple just want something quick and easy to make the kids? Looking for something that can also get itself dressed up and look decadent all at the same time? These Mint Cheesecake and Oreo Trifles fit that list to a T. Kid and adult friendly this recipe is a winner!!
- 1 Bag Oreos, crushed
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp mint extract
- Green food coloring
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In food processor blend up your Oreos until crumbs form.
- To make your cheesecake, in medium bowl beat together your cream cheese and powdered sugar until combined.
- Mix in your heavy cream and beat on high until thickend (about 3-4 minutes)
- Slowly add your mint extract 1 tsp at a time checking flavor after first tsp, if it's not enough flavor add your second tsp.
- Lastly add your food coloring, this will take several drops to get deisred color.
- Place in refrigerator and let chill.
- Meanwhile in bowl beat together your heavy whipping cream, sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble, layer Oreo crumbs in bottom of cup, top with cheesecake then with whipped cream. Repeat layers.
- You could also put this in a trifle dish but I would recommend doubling the recipe!
To see where I’m linked at visit my Link Parties page and join the fun. Don’t forget to party with me ever Tuesday and Thursday nights at 6pm CST for Wonderful Wednesday and Throwback Thursday!